
So just a couple of days ago it was in the 70's and today it snowed quite a bit. We had a playdate at our house this morning. It was so much fun. The guys (Jim, Tom and Andy) took the older kids (Gus, Ash and Ebi) outside. Ebi wasn't too pleased with the sleigh and snow, so Tom took her off right before they took off. I was told that right after I finished filming this video Gus fell off! But they had a blast out there. I'm really glad the kids had fun, but, I'm so ready for this weather to leave. I want the warm weather back, now. Plus I discovered that my walking route that I love is 3 miles, not 2! And Andy showed me how to tack on another mile so it's a total (roundtrip) of 4 miles. But I don't want to walk in this cold, snowy weather, so bring on the sun...
A few quick updates:
1) Gus has been using the potty at least once a day for the past few days. Woo hoo!
2) Gus got into the preschool we applied to and the class we wanted. Woo hoo!
3) We are going on a double date tonight, which is huge for us, since it seems we haven't done this in so long. We're going with Tom & Marisa to a restaurant in the Power & Light District in Kansas City, and Annie is going to watch all three kids: Gus, Cleo and Ebi. Cleo and Ebi should be asleep by the time we leave, so hopefully the job will be relatively easy for Annie. Fingers crossed! :)
More later!
4 comments:
What a cute photo. We didn't get any snow, but it's super duper cold.
That's awesome that Gus is starting to "get" it! It feels so good when they get to that point when they tell YOU they have to go potty!
It's such a relief to get into the school you want, isn't it? Man, that makes me sound snobby but obviously we're not talking pre-ivy league here.
PS - I'm glad to hear someone else say they won't (prefer not to) walk/run in the bad weather. I say this as opposed to Cherie talking about running 10 miles before her day has even begun, (almost) regardless of any type of weather. :)
Post a Comment