Why have I posted a photo of a magical unicorn along with photos of my darling children? Well, this is Miss Lydia, and although she may look like a normal horse, she is in fact a magical unicorn (I found a hole under her strip of white hair that is coming unglued). I was given this toy by the janitor at work to give to Cleo, but I'm going to keep it for myself, mostly b/c Cleo will just pull the rest of Lydia's hair off and try to eat it, but also because I have grown to adore Lydia and all her weirdness. My affection for Lydia is like Kelly's affection for her doll/friend, Ellis. In fact, Kelly and I have decided Ellis and Lydia can be BFF. And when I get stressed at work, I just look at Lydia and all is well again.
Actually, when I get super stressed at work, I just look at these darlings
So, it's been a busy fall. Andy is traveling quite a bit this month, and work and other activities are keeping us rather booked up. Gus has been enjoying preschool, and has made some friends. Right now he loves to count and sing. If he's not counting in one of his many counting-themed books, he's singing "I've been working on the railroad" or some other song.
Gus is super psyched to be a monkey for Halloween, and I really need to make his costume this week. We're taking the kids to an early trick-or-treat thing in town this Friday, and I haven't even started on Gus' outfit. I bought all the materials so it shouldn't take too long. We ordered Cleo's giraffe costume online and it's awesome. So I don't have to mess with that! I can't wait for Halloween...the best holiday! I think we're going to carve pumpkins later this weekend, too.
Work has been super busy, but I'm managing. We're going to Iowa City later in mid-November to visit Dave and Sally and possibly see a football game (Iowa is super good this year, like KU!). Should be fun. Other than that, just planning for holiday shopping (already!) and whatnot. I really cannot believe how fast time flies.
More later after Halloween--should have some good photos of the little monkey and giraffe!
ek
p.s. Still doing the running podcast and so far it's still going well. I'm on week 5 and it's kicking my butt, but I'm hanging in there! I'm working my way up to running 20-25 minutes without stopping, which for me is truly amazing.




1 comment:
Someone loves taking pics with her iPhone! Thank you for making me crack up AGAIN this evening reading about your precious Lydia. Already, I have laughed repeatedly today thinking of the perfect duo that Ellis and Lydia will make.. Long walks (mostly tippy toeing it for Ellis of course with his stubbers) on the beach... Holding hands (well, stub arm to hoof of course).. I digress.. :) I'm now convulsing in laughter..
Post a Comment