




I heard Christmas songs today on a Kansas City radio station. Come on...it's too early! It's only November 2. Give us another month, and let us enjoy Thanksgiving. I just cannot get into the Christmas mood until later in November. Plus, it's 60+ degrees outside and lovely as can be, so it's not Christmas weather right now. I hate that the consumer machine rushes us on all our holidays. We're rushed enough as it is, let's not rush the holidaze.
Here are some fun photos from Halloween weekend. It was a blast, and time flew by. Gus loved all the candy and Cleo had no idea what was going on, but she loved every minute of it, too. She just goes along for the ride, pretty much.
New developments:
-Gus can spell both "Gus" and "August" out loud, but we haven't started on how to write his name yet. He can count to 100 by himself, too. He LOVES counting. It's his favorite thing in the world right now.
-Cleo says new things every single day. Over the past few days she has said "Ouch" and "Ussy!" (Gussy) and "Ears!" and "Eyes!" (she points to them but often mixes them up).
-Gus will say "Where's my little sister at? I love my little sister so much, Mom." It's pretty delicious.
-Gus also loves to say the following at least twice a day: "Mom, Keee-o is a little girl, and she can't climb trees yet because she is too little. But I am a big boy, so I can climb trees. Right, Mom?" He says this but to my knowledge he's never climbed a tree. He seems to want to learn, though, so perhaps we'll do that this week. Oh, and I always tell him "You're right!" but I'm always thinking that with the rate that Miss Cleo climbs these days, she will learn how to climb a tree before Gus. I would not be terribly surprised (see first photo above).
A new poem by one of my favorite poets is posted above.
That's all for now. TTFN...
1 comment:
SUCH cute photos! I love the climbing the tree bit too. They come up with some random stuff don't they? It's so fun though.
Post a Comment