Here's the holiday photo winner for 2009! We sent out cards recently, so I thought I'd publish it here, too. It turned out pretty well. It only took about 3 shoots this year...yeah.
And I ran my first 5k this weekend! It went well. I am still not 100% sure on my time, but I think it was around 32 minutes or so. I had to run some hills, and I'm not used to that, so I was happy I didn't stop to walk at all. Now I want to run another! I'm addicted. It felt SO GOOD to cross that finish line, especially knowing that just 2.5 months ago I never thought I could run 3 miles without stopping. My new goal is to run a few more 5k runs and train for a 10k next spring or summer. I'm going to take it slow, though.
We're leaving for Iowa in a week, so I have so much left to shop for. I'm taking the day of tomorrow from work to shop in Kansas City. I'm excited to get the shopping done and to have an entire day of shopping to myself! So far I've done most of my shopping with the kids, or over my lunch break, so it's been rushed and chaotic. So this should be good.
More later!
1 comment:
Yippeee on your first 5K!!! That's great!! My first 5k was 30 mins almost exactly and I think that was realllly flat - no hills at all. I'm glad the running is working out for you. Have fun shopping by yourself. It's so pleasant when you get that opportunity. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment