Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Well now that was fun








Easter 2010 was a hit. The kids received more candy than I know what to do with (if I eat it all I will certainly go into a sugar coma). We have bags full of candy in our freezer, b/c now the kids know how to break into the fridge and find goodies. Often we'll find Cleo walking around the house with a cookie in hand that we did not give to her (we keep the cookies in the fridge...or at least we did). That stinker. Oh, and speaking of "stinkers," if you say "She's a stinker!" or something like that to Gus he will inform you that "stinker is a potty word, Mom. Don't use it." Ooops. That's what we get for telling him not to say "poop" every five seconds b/c it's a potty word. Now anything that remotely sounds like a word you would associate with the potty is considered a "potty word" and not approved by Mr. Gus. He's a stickler for rules.

Here are some fun photos from the weekend. The day after Easter Gus said to me, "Mom, when's Easter again?" So, I don't think he has quite grasped the idea that holidays are but once a year...and it's always sad the day after a holiday, eh? I know I still get a little depressed the day after Christmas. I guess it's just all the build-up...so it goes...

2 comments:

Lindi Ben said...

MAN, your kids are SO freakin' cute, Erin. So so so so cute. There's something in that Gus pic. with him looking over his shoulder that looks so mature. Some awareness in his eyes or something. Does that sound crazy? And Cleo looks so old?! How old is she now? ... Re: holiday candy. Man, that stuff lasts forever and it's impossible not to break into at night. The kids never know because the candy lasts so long even when I do eat it.

Kelly said...

As Lindi said, Erin, they are sooo darn cute! I love the cookie sweatshirt btw. I can't believe how big Cleo is now. maybe it's because her hair is longer now so it makes her seem older suddenly? Looks like you had a great Easter. I've been eating so much candy as well. I have to put it way up in a cabinet or he would be all over it all day. Too bad I can still get to it!