Visiting Great Grandma Benseman in Chicago
Taken from the loft in our log cabin.
At the beautiful orchard. We ended up with two giant buckets of fruit for $20!
I couldn't resist...Andy will kill me for posting this. Ha!
Gus showing us how high he can jump!
Andy's Aunt Ginny-the kids fell in love with Aunt Gin.
This photo cracks me up...reading stories at bedtime. Pick a winner, Cleo...
Our little cabin in Michigan.
We had a great time in Michigan. I was thrilled to find the weather in the lower 70's and 60's for the week. Sweater weather...so wonderful. I've loaded a lot of photos from the trip.
Let's see...what did we do. Not much, and it was nice. Thanks to a co-worker who let me borrow the DVD, we were able to watch the 2nd/final season of Flight of the Conchords while on vacation--that was awesome! We did go to an orchard to pick apples, peaches, raspberries and whatnot--so lovely. The kids loved the orchard. We took some hikes and walked out to the lighthouse in town. It was a relaxing week. We spent time with Andy's Aunt Ginny, and the kids absolutely fell in love w/ her. We enjoyed a campfire by our cabin at night, and the kids chased squirrels and chipmunks. Andy and I even went on a couple of runs/walks in the gorgeous weather. On our way back to KS we went through Chicago and visited Andy's Grandma Benseman in her new apartment. It was so good to see Gma Benseman, and the kids loved hanging with her. She gave Cleo a doll (named "Bonnie") and gave Gus a watch. Each kid also received a seashell from her. It was great.
We're moving to our new house this weekend, so I'll soon post photos. I'm excited, but we still have so much to pack...so off to packing I go.
1 comment:
I so love the hoody photos of both Gus and Cleo. I also think the jumping photo of my buddy Gus is hilarious. They are such cute kiddos. Your cabin looks really fun. "Vacation" is on my iPhone/iPod running list. Good title girl! Miss you!
Post a Comment