Keeping it classy
So it's been awhile. But I'm back. Back to blogging. I went through a phase of loathing it. Sick of writing about myself, about my life and my family and my everything (shocking, I know). I think I overdosed on myself a bit. I guess everyone gets sick of themselves sometimes, even when that everyone is me--a lover of all things talking and (over)sharing and whatnot.
My previous blog was a free-for-all about my kids, my family, my everyday life. This particular blog is going to be similar, but instead of just focusing on my children and my life as a momma, I'm going to venture outside that world (a world I covet, don't get me wrong) and talk about other things. Poetry. Food. Alcoholic beverages. Books. Magazines. Ideas. And my kids and husband. I won't stop posting about them because they are rad. I will try to keep the chitlins a little more anonymous than in the past, so we'll see how that works. But this delivery will perhaps be a little more selfish. It's going to be a smorgasbord and I hope you enjoy. So original, no?
I've posted some newer photos of life as I know it. It's spring and it's beautiful and my spirits are thawing and elevating with each 75 degree day (as much as I try to avoid the winter blues, they pin me every year). But the peonies are in bloom, the hydrangeas are ready to pop (I hover over them daily as if to will them to bloom IN FRONT OF MY EYES), and the overall gardening madness has taken over my free time. And I love it. Love it so, so much. I honestly think I could cook and garden all day long if I had nothing else to do and would never get sick of any of it. My husband and kids might miss me and I might get fired...reality bites sometimes.
Until next time, lovers. Peace out.
p.s. credit for my blog title goes to a line from one of my all-time favorite passages from one of my all-time favorite books, My Antonia, by Willa Cather.




2 comments:
Erin, I am so glad to see your post again. I think we all kind of stopped around the same time - or at least I think we did. I guess I don't know for sure since once I stopped allowing time for my own, I was also behind on reading others' blogs too. I think it's a GREAT idea to allow yourself to be selfish. It's good for you, for the kids to see, and what's good for you, is in turn good for Andy. I'm going to piggy back on your renewal and resurrect my blog too. 'Tis the season of Spring after all!
PS - I forgot to tell you how ROCKIN your background pattern is. It reminds me of some kitchen or dining room 1930s wallpaper. Or a 30s dress. And I mean that in a good way.
Post a Comment