Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hanging with Gus

Andy is in Canada until late tomorrow night, and before that he was in Michigan. He was home for about a day this week, so it's really just been me and the Guster hanging out. We've had colds all week, and Gus is also experiencing some new toddler phase (separation anxiety? who knows...) where he whimpers and/or cries a bit when I leave (especially at night when he's going to bed). It has caused some sleepless nights this week, but we're getting through it. Keep your fingers crossed for me tonight.


It's Thursday evening, and it's a nice, balmy night. We were (are?) in a tornado watch and thunder storm warning, but hopefully it'll pass soon. The weather is supposed to turn chilly again tomorrow, so we're enjoying the 80* weather by having the screen door open and by running around in our pj shorts (well, Gus is doing that). Gus had to pose for this photo...love the bent knee.

Gus played and played in the sandbox at daycare today. When I picked him up he literally had sand in his diaper and his shoes. Jen tried to clean him up, but it was everywhere. Then when he took a bath tonight, I realized he was covered in sand and dirt (his feet were so gross). The bath water was so filthy, and it took me forever to clean the sand out of his hair, but he's clean now. Or at least better than he was! I don't know which I loathe more now: cleaning up cottage cheese from clothes and the floor or cleaning sand out of a wriggling toddler's hair. Both have their special challenges.

This clip is from earlier this week when we went to the park. It was pretty nice out that day and Gus went down the slide by himself for the first time, and then did it over and over again. It was so cute. Have a great Friday..


2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's so funny Erin. I love the sand removal portion of your post. Gus looks super cute on the slide as well!

The Thorson Family said...

What a funny video! Eli has now watched it approximately 5,843 times -- keep those videos coming, we LOVE to see what Gus is up to!