Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy week

We had a great weekend in Iowa City. Sally threw Dave a surprise 60th birthday party Saturday night and it was a blast. So many folks showed up to see Dave, and Jenny and Eli surprised everyone (except for Sally...she was in on the surprise) by flying in from Savannah. So Gus and Eli got to spend some fun time together. I'll post some photos to our flickr account soon.

My 33rd birthday is Thursday and I'm excited. I love birthdays. I don't ever think I'll be one of those people who tries to ignore their birthday...it's just not in me. I have really nothing planned for Thursday. I'm home with Gus all day, so perhaps we'll just go to the park for a bit. My mom is coming up Friday to take Gus and I out for lunch and to take me shopping for a little somethin' somethin', so that should be fun. Saturday afternoon we're having friends over for a bbq, so that'll be fun.

This morning I took Gus to Sears for his first professional set of photos. Here are a couple from the session (I shouldn't be posting these but whatevs...). The first one below cracks me up a bit b/c he was supposed to put his hands on his knees but didn't quite get it. It turned out, though. I may send one to all my girlfriends if we order enough. I was kinda worried b/c he's never done this before, but he totally hammed it up for the camera. He was creating poses for the photographer and she was cracking up. I ended up just choosing a couple b/c it can be so $$$. We'll probably do something similar once Fozzy arrives, but I wanted Gus to have his own photos before things change up. It really hit me how much he looks like Andy once I saw the photos. I wish I had a copy of one of Andy's baby photos to show b/c they look so alike...but I think Gus got my hair and eyes, perhaps. Who knows!


Until later!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

OMG, those are soooo cute Erin! He totally looks like Andy... Andy's dad too! I guess that makes sense. :) I love the leg grabbing pic! It's BIRTHDAY WEEK FOR EKCD!!! Have a super duper week!