So, Andy and I have been struggling with the decision to move Gus to a toddler bed. He hasn't seemed too ready to move, and from all that we've read, we wanted to wait until he seemed "ready" so he would adjust. He sleeps really well in his crib, so we didn't want to mess with it too soon. Yeah...that was before he started to climb out of the crib. We noticed about a week or so ago that he was able to get one leg over the top of the crib and the other over half-way up, and he is dangerously teetering on the top ledge of the crib. The crib is as far down as it will go, so there's no more adjusting to do. He always seems to pull himself back down into the crib, but it's freaking us out. And he's only going to get taller as time goes on...we were going to wait until Fozzy was about 2-3 months old to move Gus to his big bed, but now I think we're going to do it now! So, we're getting him a toddler bed very soon, like this weekend or something. I hope he adjusts ok...and I know this is going to be a rough patch for us, b/c he will surely try to get out of the bed at night. But I guess it's best to do it now vs. waiting for him to fly out of his crib. That would suck...but maybe if we do it now, he'll be adjusted by the time Fozzy comes. The fun part is I get to buy Gus new toddler bedding...hee hee. I love buying him stuff. I think I like this brand of bedding by Olive...either the pirates bedding or the outer-space themed bedding. :)
We finally have new bathroom floors in our main upstairs bathroom. They look good. We thought they were going to be finished up in one day (Tuesday), but the workers found that the subfloor had rotted b/c of an old leak. So they had to replace the subfloor and then put in the new floors. The plumber is here putting out toilet back, and then our bathroom will be back to normal. Yahoo! No more stinky, creepy, dark green carpet in there. It was getting to me. And now when we decide to potty train Gus, we won't have to clean carpet...just linoleum! Much easier.
We leave for Iowa City tomorrow a.m., pretty early. It's about a 5-6 hour drive, but with Gus, it usually takes closer to 6 b/c we have to stop a couple of times for breaks/diaper change. He's been really good on our trips to Iowa, so I don't expect too many meltdowns. He does get impatient in his carseat sometimes, but the trip will fall during his nap, so hopefully he'll sleep for a chunk of the drive. One can only hope! We come back on Monday, so it will be a nice little getaway. I love that they live in Iowa City. It's a great place to visit, and it's far enough away that we feel like we're getting in a little vacation, but it's close enough to visit a few times a year.
That's about it for today. Hope you all have a great Friday! Any tips you can provide about transitioning a toddler to a toddler bed are greatly appreciated (Lindi and Cherie)! :)
ek
1 comment:
Have a safe trip Erin!
Post a Comment