Monday, September 29, 2008

It's the final countdown...

I have 2.5 weeks left of maternity leave. I'm sad but also somewhat excited to return to the world of adults. However, I believe there's quite a bit of drama going on at my job right now b/c of restructuring, so I'm not excited to return to that. But it'll be nice to get back into my routine.

Cleo had her 2-month appointment today. She's 11 lbs. 8 oz., in the 60th % of weight. She's almost 22", in the 20% for height. So she's a short little chunk right now. She had her first immunization shots, and that was of course no fun. But she did a great job and only cried a bit. I hate the newborn cry. It's so heartbreaking.

Friday night we went to Marisa and Tom's for a happy hour. It's always so fun to go over there. We then ordered pizza and watched the debate later Friday night at home. Saturday night we went to Kansas City to the Octoberfest at Crown Center with Dan, Leah and Bea. Gus ran all over the place, so I was super tired at the end of the night from chasing him around. Bea was such a great help with Gus. She held his hand all night. Gus went in the moonwalk for the first time. He wasn't sure about it, but I think he had fun. Gus and Bea also danced to a fun kid's band. They were singing a song called "Puddle Jumper" and Gus jumped and jumped all over the place.

This week I have my first session with my personal trainer. She's creating a personalized workout for me, so we meet Wednesday to review that plan and run through it together. Then I'm meeting with her two more times for one-on-one training. I hope this is the kick-in-the-pants I need to get back to my goal weight.

I think I'm going to decorate for Halloween today. I've been looking forward to October for some time now, and it's right around the corner. Yeah...

ek

3 comments:

Cherie Che-Rai said...

Hi Erin,

Good job on the workout routine! You'll do great! Love the pic of Cleo! Enjoy your last weeks at home!

Kelly said...

What a cutie picture of Cleo! Nice smile. it sounds like things are going well.. hope your last few weeks are great!

Unknown said...

What an adorable pic of Cleo!!! What a huge smile. End of maternity leave. :( Bummer. Having a personal trainer sounds like fun though.