Sunday, October 5, 2008

Good times, good times

The weekend has been nice, and it has flown by, of course.

Friday night I went to a "girl's night" at our friend Jessica's house. She had the ladies over (no kids, no significant others) and it was lovely. I had a great time and met a few new people. I also enjoyed two large glasses of wine and some yummy food, and it was so great. I stayed until 11pm...late for me these days! Saturday was a day full of chores and whatnot. We went over to Tom and Marisa's for dinner Saturday night. We have such a great time over there. They made pizzas and salad and we had some beers. Later Saturday night the guys all got together and played poker, so I stayed home w/ the kids. Today we went to a pumpkin patch outside of Lawrence and found our pumpkin. It was really fun, but super dusty out there. Andy's allergies were so bad for the rest of the day and he went to bed early tonight b/c of that and a sick stomach. I hope he's not getting sick...We cleaned up the house today and watched the White Sox (finally) win a game in their playoff series.
This week is going to be busy. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my personal trainer. Tuesday I'm going to my hair salon to get highlights (much needed), and Tuesday night is the debate. Wednesday I'm going in to work for a couple of hours to (re)train for my job, and then Thursday we leave for our weekend trip to Iowa. It will be nice to visit Sally and Dave, and Andy is going to fish with his Dad on Friday.

The kids are doing well. Gus is just so funny these days, saying new things literally every day. He loves going for car rides and walks, so I am optimistic that the 5-6 hour car ride to Iowa City will go well. I think Cleo should do okay, but we'll have to stop to feed her, I imagine. She's still eating about every 3-4 hours, and she's been doing great at night. She either sleeps all night or wakes up just once to eat. She's been going to bed rather early, which is awesome for us (around 8pm). I think that has helped her get on somewhat of a schedule at night. She isn't on a nap schedule yet during the day, and I can't remember how we got Gus on a day nap schedule! I hope it happens naturally for Cleo. Perhaps being at daycare will help. I'm still nursing, and I still don't really know how long I'll continue. I am leaning toward supplementing with formula when Cleo is at daycare and then nursing her in the morning, at night and when I'm working from home. I just really just hate pumping. But then again, I may try to pump a little at work if it isn't too terrible. We'll just see how it goes...I figure I'll continue to nurse at least part time until around 4 months (or a bit more). I'm happy I've made it this far! :)
I can't believe that in just over a week I'll be back at work. I'm really rather sad about it. I've enjoyed being home with both kids and not having anything else to do. But I also look forward to being busy and seeing my coworkers again. Hopefully it'll go okay.

ek

2 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG, ADORABLE photo of Miss Cleo. What a sweetheart. I'm sad your time at home is almost over, but happy that you had a good enough of a time at home that you're going to miss it.

Unknown said...

Man, you don't even have to make her cute, she just IS. Not all babies are like that. I have to clean Izzy up to make her look so cute! hee-hee. She's a cutie.