Cleo is doing great. She is a chubby little muffin, which is fun. I love the baby chubs. She turns 2 months next week, and she has her 2 month checkup in a week, so I'm excited to see what she weighs. My guess is that she weighs around 11-12 pounds right now. She is smiling now, so I basically spend most of my time trying to make her smile! I'm probably jinxing things, but this past week she has really slept like a champ. She went from waking up 1-2x a night to sleeping from about 8 or 8:30pm to around 6:00am straight through. She's done this a few times this week, and it's been lovely. I hope it continues.

Gus is also great. He says new words every day, so this is a really fun time. He is absolutely and positively in love with the alphabet and numbers right now. From the moment he wakes to the moment he goes to bed, he wants to play with all his alphabet toys. He pretty much knows the entire alphabet and sings the ABC song with us. He's growing up so fast. We tried on a bunch of his 2T clothes recently and most of them are too small. I had to buy him a couple of pairs of 3T jeans the other day. They are too long, but otherwise they fit great.

It is fun to have overlapping maternity leave with my friend, Mo. We all went to South Park yesterday and Gus had a blast. Mo and Zeke and Cleo and I hung out in the shade while Gus went down the slide a billion times. I met another young mom who had two kids 18-months apart. She was very cool...she welcomed me to the "2 under 2" club. She said she doesn't miss the early days when her second kid was a newborn (uh, yeah...), but she says now it's really fun and worth it. Her son is now 2 1/2 and her daughter is a year old.
This weekend is pretty chill. I would love to take the kids downtown today to the KU Band Day parade (always a fave of mine...love marching bands!), but it's during Gus' naptime, so we'll see. He's going to miss his nap tomorrow b/c we're going to a family reunion in Burlingame, so it's going to be interesting. He's always a bit wound up when he misses his nap. The reunion should be fun...I get to see a lot of folks I haven't seen in years. Plus it's a potluck, so that's always a good time.
I've been hitting the gym about 4-5x a week since joining...I hope to keep it up. I may work with a personal trainer to customize a workout plan. We'll see. I've been taking the kids to the gym daycare and that's working out pretty well so far.Until later!
2 comments:
Such cute photos! I'm glad you're at the point where your maternity leave is going okay and SO HAPPY that Cleo is sleeping well for now. That's so awesome and so early! Go Cleo!
Oh my gosh, those pics are so cute. I'm glad Cleo is starting the trend to sleep through the night. Oh happy days!!
Post a Comment