Monday, November 10, 2008

My new obsession

...is Facebook. I was reluctant to join and now that I'm a member I'm a bit neurotic about it. I knew this would happen. Myspace, what myspace? I barely check that one, now. It's all about Facebook. It's fun, though, b/c I really have been able to reach out to folks I haven't talked with in forever. Now I just need to get Mr. Dierks on board...

Other than checking my Facebook account every 3 minutes, this weekend was pretty laid back. Friday night Andy and I watched a film called Boy A about a guy who is released from jail after spending his childhood locked up for killing someone when he was young. It was good, but depressing and just sad. Andy is totally 100% in charge now of picking our Netflix movies. I contributed when we first joined, but since, I've just handed that over to him. He does a great job. We recently watched Control, the movie about Ian Curtis of Joy Division. We've already seen the documentary about him, and this was the movie. It was also good, but also depressing, as I knew it would be. I mean, how uplifting can a story be when you know the guy kills himself in the end? We did watch Raising Arizona last week, too. That's one of our all-time faves, along with The Three Amigos. Give me Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short together any day.

Saturday we had a baby shower for Jim and Hannah. It was so fun. It was a giant play date, really, with Ash, Gus, Ebina, Logan, Suki, Zeke and Cleo all there. It was so hilarious! The adults just hung out and enjoyed a brew and some food while the kids took over the house. I loved having them all there. It was so fun and lively and I think the kids had a total blast. I want to have them all over again sometime soon. I wish I had taken photos but our camera was out of juice. Bummer.

Saturday I also went to the spa to get a Carribean body wrap and massage. It was nothing short of AMAZING. 2 hours of complete bliss. I smelled like Aveda products for the entire day, and I was hesitant to take a shower b/c I didn't want to wash the smell off. But I realized that I might start smelling a bit ripe if I didn't take a shower...so...I did. But it was lovely. Andy bought the treat for me after having Cleo...it was such a great gift!

The kids are great. Cleo is little smiley pants right now, which is so fun. She laughed last week, but I haven't been able to get her to laugh again since. She's great, though. So lovely and just a great little lady. Gus has been a bit tempermental so we've had to really work on discipline lately. But he's great, overall. He likes to stand up on the couch and say, "Momma, look at me!" It's funny, even if he's not supposed stand on the couch...

I still haven't come off my high from the election. I don't think I really will. I'm so happy. As our brother-in-law said, the day after the election felt like Christmas! I still feel that way. So awesome...a new beginning.

By the way, this made me laugh, so perhaps it will help you out on this drab Monday, too. It's the Beyonce post on gofugyourself.com. Check it out. Beyonce's outfits absolutely crack me up. She's gone off the deep end. Enjoy!

ek

2 comments:

Cherie Che-Rai said...

The body wrap and massage sound awesome! That was sweet of Andy! I am now just getting caught up with the blogs. I hope you are all feeling better! FB is addicting!

Lindi Ben said...

I purposely have been avoiding using Facebook, even though I have an account for fear I'll get addicted too. Why did so many folks abandon MySpace and move to Facebook, that's what I don't understand. I miss my deskjob on days when I don't get enough computer time.

And where are you two finding time to watch movies?! I'm jealous. Tell me your secret.