Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'm so nervous I could explode

So the election is upon us, and per the subject/title of this blog, my nerves are shot. I'm so trying not to overthink the election, but it's hard. I've been a little (ok, a lot) obsessed with this election since the primaries. I need to just accept whatever happens...with that said, I do have a really good feeling about the election. I feel change coming, and that change has NOTHING to do with the Republican ticket. As Gus would say, "GO OBAMA!"
Halloween was fun. Gus was a spider (we were working on his outfit Thursday night while watching The Office and 30 Rock). Cleo was a pumpkin. Andy took Gus trick-or-treating and he had a blast. He learned how to say "Happy Halloween...trick-or-treat!" so that was hilarious. I stayed home with Cleo and greeted little goblins looking for candy. We had a good amount of visitors...I would say around 30 kids total. That's the best we've had so far living in this neighborhood. It beats East Lawrence where we had zero trick-or-treaters (we had no sidewalks on Learnard Avenue, so that was the reason). But I'll never forget our one Halloween on Logan Boulevard in Logan Square (Chicago). We literally had hundreds (not kidding) trick-or-treaters and they lined up down our sidewalk. We handed out candy for hours. It was amazing! One kid dressed up as "Sha-na-na" from the Martin Lawrence Show, so that was my fave costume. Little did we know that Logan Square was a mecca for trick-or-treaters. It was awesome! Anyway...back to present day...we were also supposed to hang out with our friends Friday night but unfortunately little Ash fell off a teeter totter and broke her arm on Halloween day, so we didn't hang w/ the friends. Poor little Ash...I know she's doing better now, but I know that day was a hard one for her and Jim and Hannah.

Speaking of Jim and Hannah, they are due w/ baby #2 in about a month. Hannah very well may go early again b/c they are tracking her to do so. She went 3 weeks early with Ash and Ash was 9 1/2 lbs.! So we'll see. I'm so excited to meet baby #2 for them. We're having a baby sprinkle at our house next weekend for them, so that'll be fun. Leah and Dan are due at the end of January, and I am so excited for them, too! So fun. Time flies.

The kids are doing well. The past few nights Gus has been waking up around 4am to ask for more milk. He cries if we don't give it to him. I think tonight we're going to have to break him of this habit, b/c it's getting out of hand. But otherwise he is great and is saying new things every day. Cleo is such a sweetie pie. I've really enjoyed making her smile and coo. She acted like she wanted to laugh the other day, but didn't do it. I can't wait for her laugh! We've had fun dressing her lately. I've been putting her in tights and dresses, so that is super fun. And recently I bought her the cutest little red and black zebra striped booties...they are freakin' awesome. I'll take a photo and post it once she wears them.

We went to the KU football game yesterday (Andy's company hosted a tailgate party + game). It was really fun, and we creamed K-State, which was fun. :) I do always feel bad for my parents when K-State loses, though, b/c they are such huge Wildcat fans. I must say I just don't get into football nearly as much as KU basketball. I have tried, but it's just not the same!

Ok, that's it for now! More flickr photos posted.

No comments: