Other than all that, the weekend was actually very nice. As Gus would tell you, we took the car to the car wash (the automatic car wash, and it scares Gus when it starts, so he has to hold someone's hand while we go through, but then he likes it and talks about it for days); Gus went to look at trains in North Lawrence with Andy (their new fave dad/son activity); and we drove around last night to look at Christmas lights (there was a neighborhood in West Lawrence that was AMAZING...almost all the neighbors joined together and strung white lights from tree to tree, across the street, so it was a huge maze of lights everywhere...so awesome. Even Andy and I "oooohed" and "aaaaahed" on that one). We also went to our friend's holiday party and exchanged White Elephant gifts. Andy got a COPS video on VHS and I received the 1994 Genius III version of Trivial Pursuit (both immediately went into our Goodwill bin...). Our friends all "adopted" a family this year and bought them all kinds of Christmas gifts, so that always feels very good.
Andy travels to Missouri and Texas this week, returning on Friday night. I wish he didn't have to travel so close to the holidays, but he just picked up new accounts in Texas so he needs to see those folks. We will go to my parents in B-game on Christmas day and then travel to Iowa probably a day later, staying for about a week. I think Gus and Eli (our nephew who lives in Alabama) will have a blast this year since they are both two. One year really will make a difference. Last year they were still pretty unsure of each other.
Gotta go...I think Gus just had another diaper blow out. Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, here's a fun photo of Cleo and her friend, Zeke (he's about 1.5 months younger). He tried to make a move on Miss C. and she wasn't having any of it, as you can see.

2 comments:
OMG, that picture of Cleo giving Zeke the hand is too funny! I love the random hand movements of babies! Whose baby is Zeke again?
Zeke is Mo's baby. He was born in early September.
Post a Comment