Monday, April 27, 2009

We did it! And Cleo's crawling!

Hot diggity! Mom & Dad finished the yard, and I crawled!

After


Before

We spent all weekend working on our front yard and we finished it Sunday evening. We ripped out all the ivy that previously covered the area and added in a few flowering shrubs and a rose bush, as well as some potted annuals. We left bushes there that were already established, so that helped. It feels awesome to finish it. Here are some before and after photos. The photos aren't that great, but you get the idea. Now I just need to whip my backyard garden into shape. The weeds are out of control back there.

Cleo started officially crawling-we are excited for her. It isn't that pretty, but who cares. She knows how to get around, so we need to be very careful! She's babbling all the time, and it's too cute. She is a smiley pants. Mr. Gus has been testing us like crazy. He has entered this fun phase of what I'm only assuming is his "Terrible 2's" and it's hard. He's learned that he can say "Why?" and "No!" to most everything, so it's getting interesting. Let's just say the little guy has had more time outs than ever before. But, as always, he's our little dude and more often than not, I just want to kiss and hug him all the time.

Kerry loves Crested Butte so far. She was only there for two days before she secured a full-time nanny job for an infant little girl. In the summer she'll also supplement by working at a restaurant that her roomate manages. She's been doing all kinds of Colorado things, such as riding a snowmobile to the "back country" and volunteering for a Fat Tire festival. She loves it, needless to say, and we're excited to visit her in July. I keep thinking she's just there visiting, so I forget she's there indefinitely. Weird.

As I type this Gus should be sleeping, but he's in his bed laughing hysterically (somewhat manically, which is scary) at something. He's been in denial about his daily nap for some time, but we have patches where he will nap well. This is not one of them. Fun!

More later.

3 comments:

Lindi Ben said...

ooo, crawling days! "why?" days! time out days! Busy, busy. It all sounds fun from afar and it sounds like you're enjoying it too. Makes me realize how bitchy I sound sometimes. :) Good job on the yard! I hope Gus' naps aren't on the fritz forever. That's a sad day...but probably too early just yet.

Kelly said...

Your yard looks fantastic! Good job! I can't wait to see it in person next month.
I was laughing out loud at the thought of Gus laughing hysterically in his bed. Little Cleo is so cute. She'll be a pro at crawling so soon. Can't wait to see you and the kiddos.

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks great and I am so jealous. I gaze (exactly the right word) at my flowers and weeds and ... then I gaze some more. I really will get energetic one of these days.