I've posted a new poem on the right. I love this one.
May always seems to be a crazy busy month. As long as I can savor the most important day of the year (May 29), then I'll be ok. This is one of many birthday plugs for me. Fair warning.
Last weekend I worked the fine arts graduation and then we went to the Art Tougeau parade in downtown Lawrence (people can decorate their cars and parade them down Mass Street). It was fun, even if the parade only lasted 15 minutes! Andy said it was the perfect amount of time for him. He isn't one for parades. I, on the other hand, was a little bummed it ended so soon. I have some fun video but the videos take so long to load on this blog, so I may do it later. The floats were so fun, though. There was a flying saucer car, a car covered entirely in leather, and many more.
Later on Saturday we went to Logan's 1st birthday party (Jessica and Nick's little guy). It was really fun, and then we went down to Burlingame for a graduation bbq at my parents' house for my cousins Gretchen and Kady (both graduating high school). Gus played for hours with his older cousins. He did not want to leave! And Cleo enjoyed attention, too. My Dad smoked some amazingly good pork and beef, and the rest was potluck. My family knows how to eat.
Sunday we did yard work all day. I was exhausted at the end of the day but it felt so good make progress. I planted some dill, chives and catnip, as well as tomatoes (in pots). I already have a nice little oregano plant that goes crazy every summer. I planted more dill today, along with a bunch of basil and some grape tomatoes. I'm slowly but surely getting the insanity that is our back garden into shape.
The kids are great. Cleo is so busy now that she's crawling. We really have to watch her closely as she loves to put everything in her mouth. She does not like to sit still now, either. She gets pretty impatient sometimes when she's not able to crawl around freely. Gus and Cleo are interacting so much more every day. We constantly tell Gus to be gentle with her. I think he just gets so excited that she's on the move and can interact with him, but he forgets she's still wee. I love to catch them giggling together when we're not around. I plan to post a video of them playing. It's kinda scary at one point b/c Gus dives off the bed and almost lands on Cleo, but as you can see, it works out ok. (Ok, been trying to post this video all day and it's not working. So I hope to do it sometime before I turn 40).
This is usually the time of year that is really slow and awesome for me (students and faculty gone for 3 months). But, with the change to the School of Music, this summer is going to be super busy. I'm taking on some new responsibilities with the reorganization, so that's the stuff I'm a little stressed about. It'll all work out once I have a successful system set up for all the projects. I'm all about efficient project management. Otherwise I would never get my work done. I'm also still working on my weekly celebrity gossip blog on lawrence.com. I enjoy writing it. I'll post my second one either today or tomorrow.
That's it for now. More later!
2 comments:
I've been talking garden stuff w/ another friend. I love the herbs you're planting. No Rosemary? Poor Rosemary. Left out of the mix...The Art Tougeau sounds awesome. I dont' remember seeing that when I was there...Your mention of the smoker makes me think it would be a good gift for Ben on Father's Day. Hmmm....How cute the kids are starting to play together!! It really is great when they do that more. Looking forward to the video. Let us know when you post a new celbrity blog.
I love the picture of Cleo and the cat of course. I can't WAIT to see you guys next weekend on the 30th! It is going to be so fun. Hopefully Solomon won't destroy anything.. he's actually banging a huge roll of tape on the glass table right now.. so nice. I also can't wait for the next installment of your other blog. Hurry it up girl. And yes, I hate how long it takes to post videos of any size at all on here.
Post a Comment