Friday, May 29, 2009

To spit or not to spit...

In this video I try to get Cleo to blow spit bubbles because that's her new trick, but she won't show off her talent. It's hard to keep up with her because she's moving all over the place. I was going to name this blog entry "Keeping Up with Cleo" (a take on "Keeping up with the Kardashians"--one of my guilty pleasure reality tv shows), but decided against it. If I had decided to spell Cleo's name with a "K" it might have worked, but I'm not one for creative spellings of names. It's a bit too wacky for me.

We have an amazing but hectic weekend planned. For my birthday, Andy and I are going out to a new burger place in town called Dempsey's and then out for drinks later tonight. Tomorrow afternoon we're hosting a bbq that should be super fun, and there are going to be so many kids running around. Gus will be in heaven. Sunday we're going with Megan and Blake and their kids to ride Thomas the Train in Baldwin City. I'm also going to hopefully take the kids to the downtown pool Sunday afternoon, but we'll see. Then on Sunday evening Andy and I play in our first kickball game. I am extremely excited for that! So I'll have more photos from the weekend to update later.

p.s. Gus has been waking up here and there from nightmares. It sucks for us (wahhhh!) but more than anything I feel bad for him. He usually wakes up crying and it takes him awhile to calm down. Last night he woke up whining. Andy went into his room and Gus told him, "There are NO dinosaurs in Gus' bed!" We thought he liked dinosaurs, but perhaps they are too scary right now. There's also a certain monster poem in "Where the Sidewalk Ends" (his new fave thing in the whole world to read from), and when we page by the monster poem Gus gets nervous and says, "No, not THAT one!" If he only knew how silly my dreams were these days (the other night I had a dream that Gwen Stefani hated me for some reason and wouldn't let our kids play together...I think I've been hitting the celebrity juice way too hard lately). I wish I could trade Gus' scary dino dreams with my silly celebrity dreams!! :)


2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's so sweet Erin. It was so good to see you guys on Saturday. Hopefully I'll see you again soon.

Lindi Ben said...

I hate when the kids start having nightmares. You're right, it is sad to see, but I find it very interesting, don't you? They sound like such cute dreams and the thought of them bringing their little kid ideas and stories and cartoons into their sleeping head and making them (seemingly) real is so cool to me.