Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I heart Etsy



I'm pretty much obsessed with Etsy.com (www.etsy.com) these days. Need a new anything? Just visit Etsy and find the most delicious handmade anything on planet Earth and support starving artists! I went a little Etsy-crazy at Christmas when buying gifts for folks (and myself, ahem), and I go on there quite often just to "window shop." I wish I had all the money in the world to buy things from Etsy, but Andy might kill me, so I will refrain.

I do need a new spring/summer bag (I know, sounds silly, but ladies, we all need our seasonal handbag fix, no?), so I just purchased this from an artist out of Philadelphia. Technically she's advertising it as a sewing materials/diaper bag, but I'm gonna use it as a regular handbag. I love big bags I can fit the kitchen sink in (much to Andrew's dismay), and this is a big one. It just screams spring to me, too, so maybe it'll help usher in the good weather?

Anyway, exciting post about my shopping habits, right? Hey, I do what I can to keep my head on during this long, cold, poopy winter. I'll have more exciting things to talk about once the weather improves. But when it's 7 degrees outside with snow on the ground, momma buys new handbags.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's the cutest bag! I love it. I can't wait to see it in person.. (hopefully sooner rather than later!) I keep hearing about that site, so I must visit it.

Leah said...

I just love Etsy too. And I always feel warm and fuzzy when I buy something, because those Etsy artists seem so darn appreciative of your purchase! It counteracts the guilt. Love the bag!