




Spring has sprung, for the most part anyway. We've had a long winter up in heeeere and I'm so ready for warmer days. This week is supposed to be gorgeous...in the 70's! Thank you, Jesus! Seriously, Jesus, if you're listening...THANK YOU.
We've spent quite a bit of time at the playground recently. Both kids start giggling with anticipation whenever I even drive by a playground these days. It's always a bit heartbreaking when we don't end up going, b/c Cleo's eyes fill up with tears. She's all like, "What???!!! How can you just TEASE us like that, bioootch??!! What kind of mother ARE YOU????!!!" At least that's what I imagine she's thinking. Ha ha. So I've tried my best to take the kids often as the weather has been warming up. As predicted, Miss C. is a daredevil on the playground equipment. So much so that I often have to climb up with her or she will just take off, going to the highest of all slides and flying down on her stomach. She has no fear...none! Gus, on the other hand, is Mr. Cautious. It takes him some time to warm up to the really big slides. They are so opposite in so many ways, but they are besties (so far). When I go somewhere with Cleo (and without Gus), Cleo points to his carseat and looks at me saying, "Us! Us!" (that's "Gus! Gus!" in Cleo talk). She adores her big brother. Gus often gets annoyed with Cleo, but he will do things that show me how much he loves her. The other day she was sad for some reason and without any prompting from me, he walked up to Cleo and kissed her on the cheek and said "It's okay, Cleo." Heart.Melting...
Other than enjoying watching the flowers finally bloom, we've just been dealing with March Madness trauma. I'm relatively over it all, but I've caught Andy a couple of times staring blankly at the television saying under his breath, "We should be there. We should be playing right now..." It's sad to see Andy suffer like this. Losing in the second *effing* round was hard. But you know what? Someone's gotta lose, and it was us this year. We didn't have the fire this year. Hopefully in the next couple of years we'll get there again. I think we play better as underdogs, anyway. Being the absolute #1 always jinxes us a bit. Now I'm pulling for Butler, just b/c they are underdogs. But I really don't care anymore. Meh.
The piano was such a great purchase. The kids love it, and Andy will come home from work and just plop down and play. He loves it more than anyone. I wish I knew how to play. I want to take lessons now that we have it. We just had it tuned last night and the guy who tuned it said it's in really good shape. It's a 1941 war-era piano, and we love it. I feel like it has a personality. I like to imagine all the folks over the years who have sat down to play the keys. Gus had Ash over last week for a play date and they had a ball playing on it (picture above).
Let's see...oh, I have a new boss at work. I think he's going to be cool. He's coming from the University of Utah, where he was the Director of the Music School there. He'll be our first official Dean of the School of Music, as we've had Interim Deans for the past two years. He seems very nice and cool. He starts June 1. I'm excited to finally have a boss who is here long term.
Easter is coming up and Gus is getting psyched for all the candy. Cleo has no idea what's coming, but Gus gets it. He's being good for the Easter bunny this week...we'll go to Burlingame and Osage City for family time. Should be a chaotic, good time. Then Andy and I are taking a vacay without the kids to Portland, OR, the wknd after Easter. SO EXCITED! We're just going for a long weekend, but it will be so nice to sleep in and go out at night. If we can stay up late enough to do that! We're staying in a hotel, but we'll hang out some with our friend Tom Humphrey, who lives in Portland. It should be super fun to get away. It's my early birthday present, and it'll be a good time. The kids are staying w/ my parents for the first time in Burlingame. I hope they do okay! I'm sure they will...
I'm still running, but I've been sick with a nasty cold for the past week, so my exercise routine has been on hold. I'm going back to the gym today, and we'll see how far I get today. I was up to 4 miles without stopping, but then I got sick. I'm trying to push myself to 5 miles so I can sign up for a 10k in June. I know if I can get to a comfortable 5 miles I can push myself to 6 miles in a race. I think I'll register for the 10k just to motivate myself to get there.
That's it for now...more later.
3 comments:
Awesome on the running girl! I hope you guys have a great time in Portland. I've never been. It should be a blast. Tell "TH" aka "Total Hotty" "hello" for me! :)
Of course Jesus is listening! :) And, he's excited to hear that you'll be visiting one of his most beautiful creations...Oregon! Have fun. Looking forward to seeing you guys later this month. It's been too long, girl.
You'll be at 5 miles in no time! That's great, Erin. It seems like so many people are running. We're all taking after Cherie and Kelly I suppose. I echo your sentiments on Spring and Final Four.
Post a Comment