Thursday, July 8, 2010

"To the mountains!" said Ted



Dad at the parade!










So we just got back from a roadtrip to Crested Butte, Colorado, to visit my little sis, Ker Bear. It was fun. We went last year over the 4th of July, as well, so we knew we were in for some fabulous fireworks and fun.

Here are some photos from the trip. The kids did SO well on the car ride. Seriously, Andy and I kept saying that we felt so lucky they were doing so well. They really didn't even need to watch the DVD player that much. They both enjoyed the scenery and the radio. Whew! I'm sure we're jinxing ourselves for our roadtrip to Michigan coming up over Labor Day, though...

My Mom and Dad and older sis, Shana, and her three kids came up a couple of days after us, so we were able to all spend the 4th together. They are still on a roadtrip this week. Just got a text from Shana saying they are driving from Durango, CO, to Roswell, NM today---aliens! I asked her to tell them "hi" for me.

Kerry is doing well in Colorado. She works two jobs right now-part time as a nanny and part time at a liquor store. She knew pretty much everyone in town we passed. That social butterfly...it was fun. We hiked around 4 miles one day w/ the kids on a trail that was so beautiful, it reminded us of the scenery in "The Sound of Music" or something. So gorgeous. And the kids loved hiking! And Andy stepped in fresh horse poop not once but twice in one hike, and in the same day Cleo puked on his head while she was riding on his shoulders. Poor Andy! Ha ha. It's funny now...

We're back to the old grind now, but Andy and I are excited to go to Miami on August 4 for his sales incentive trip. The kids will spend almost a week with my parents in B-game. I know I'll miss them like crazy (I already do), but it'll be awesome to get away. I selfishly hope the oil stays away from South Beach...we shall see. On the other hand, it would be a reality check to actually see the damage for myself to better understand the horrific impact the spill has had. I will feel a bit guilty enjoying a clean beach if the oil hasn't affected the waters yet in Miami...it just tears me up what this spill is doing to ocean life and to those to depend on the waters for work. :( On that positive note...more in a month or so. I figure worse case I'll still get a good tan.

ek

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What awesome pictures! I'm so behind in checking out everyone's blogs. Your trips sounds like fun. I love the story about Andy stepping in horse doodoo. A bird pooped on my head the other day when I was running! Nice... Glad you had a good time in Colorado. It looks so pretty there.

Lindi Ben said...

2 horse poops AND a puke? Ugh, what a parent day. (Izzy got off the toilet today while pooping; you can imagine that mess.) Your pics are beautiful and that is so cool the kids were there with you. I cannot believe how old Gus looks! It's amazing.