I'm going to attempt to cover all the crazy stuff going on with us right now because, well, there's A LOT. GOING. ON.
Birthdays: Both kids are celebrating birthdays this summer. Cleo turned 2 on July 22, and we had a small family gathering at our house. She was thrilled to receive mostly Dora gifts, including a backpack on rollers (you know, so she can take it through the airport when she's traveling for work) and a Dora guitar. She is 2...golly, where does the time go? These babies aren't babies anymore...reminds me of a quote in book called "Ten Little Babies" by Gyo Fujikawa that Cleo received from Leah, Dan, Bea and Ben: "One happy baby Alone, having fun, He became a grownup And then there were none. "
Gus turns 4 this week! He had a really fun party this past Sunday at Lawrence Gymnastics and Athletics. He and a bunch of his friends and cousins played inside the gym, ate cake and then played on a water slide. Gus is still talking about it. It was really rad and perfect for a super duper hot day (over 100 degrees...).
Speaking of the weather, geez. I hate to be a complainer like so many other Kansans during this time of the year (if I had a dollar for all of the Facebook posts about the HOT WEATHER...), but seriously, it's bitchin' hot here! Today is supposed to be close to 105 or 108 and that's without humidity. That's insane. We've been in a heat warning for a couple of days now. Good times. But that's what you get in August when you've had sooo much rain this summer. I always want to leave KS during this time of year and come back in the autumn, but I'm trying to embrace late summer more. I feel bad for it...it gets so much hate. So I've been listening to the cicadas at night and trying to enjoy the sun on my face b/c I know I'll be pining for it come January.
Miami!!! Andy and I leave for our mini-vacay to Miami tomorrow morning. The kids are going to Burlingame to hang w/ Gma and Gpa and Lucy the dog. I think the kids are more excited about going to B-game than they were about their bdays. Which is good, b/c it helps ease the sadness when we're not with them. We are super excited to get some serious sun and beach time, though. This is Andy's company trip they take (for making his sales quota). We're gone through Sunday. I'll be sure to take some hilarious photos of scantily-clad old men on the beach for you all. I'm sure we'll see plenty...
STRESS!!! So, I've hesitated even posting about this b/c it's soooo up in the air right now, but might as well update everyone (my 2 readers! Ha ha). Our little, lovely house is on the market. Yep, that's right. There's a FOR SALE sign in our front yard. It's been there now for 2 weeks officially and no offers yet, although we've had quite a bit of interest. Why? Well, we "bought" a house but it's contingent on us selling our house first. And we've run into some issues w/ the inspection of the other house (that we bought--the siding has to be replaced), so honestly the new house may not even work out. We're supposed to find out this week, but we'll see. We've decided no matter what we're leaving our house on the market for awhile just to see if we get any bites, and hopefully when and if that happens we'll have found a house we love. Wish us luck. It's been super stressful keeping this house clean for viewings. So hard! The kids probably think I'm so mean b/c I'm always cleaning and getting frustrated when they make huge messes. I'll be happy when we're through all of this.
Ah, almost forgot. Our daycare provider is no longer going to watch the kids after next week. I've gone through major denial and sadness about this, and my heart is broken. But it's a good thing for all, and it was inevitable. Jen is taking a part-time job at the Catholic school her kids go to, and after a frantic search for a replacement daycare facility we've enrolled the kids in Montessori preschool. I am so excited about it. The Montessori schools in Lawrence are always super booked up, but a new one is opening in west Lawrence and we got in. So Cleo and Gus will go starting in September on M, W, F. I'll start to work in the office on those days and from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So it'll be a change for all of us, but I think a good one.
So...I THINK that's it. More when we get back from the land of g-strings! :) And no, I'm not wearing a g-string. Can you imagine? Wait, please don't imagine. Ha ha. But I did buy a super cute bathing suit for this trip...it's a 50's style suit that comes down over the hips (it's black)--very 50's pin-up style--and it's the first suit I've ever actually liked. Can I get a holla from all the pear-shaped ladies out there who are happy the 50's suits are making a comeback?! WOOT!
More later.
2 comments:
Oo, I want to see the 50s suit! You're moving again? You've now owned 2 houses in Lawrence, right? Are you movin up to the "good" side of town, whatever that may be? I love your little house, but then again I love all houses. I can't imagine trying to keep it clean with kids. ... I forget Cleo's bday is so close to Izzy's (7/20). I should be able to remember that. Wow, you HAVE been busy. It will make your mini vacay all the more rewarding. Have a great time. That's funny that you talk about needing sun after talking (not complaining!) about the heat. I need more of your attitude. I complain too much.
I hope you guys have fun in the sun! It sounds like so much fun to me. Can't wait to see those swimsuit pics posted all over FB! :)
Post a Comment