We're supposed to have my family over tomorrow for our "Curtis Christmas" (mom, dad, sisters and niece and nephews). But it's also supposed to snow like mad here tomorrow, so I'm afraid the fam won't make the trip to Lawrence. I'll be bummed. I've been looking forward to this for awhile, and we won't see my family over Christmas since we'll be in Iowa. I guess we'll see what happens. We're supposed to get 5-6", which is crazy for Kansas, I think. But I think it's always a bit of a crapshoot, so we'll see.
But if we do have this party, I'm making a big pot o' veggie chili and a birthday cake for my sisters and Andy. Kerry and Andy both share a birthday with baby Jesus, and my older sister, Shana, celebrates 35 years on December 26. Lots of Capricorn action up in here. So, I'm making a lemon raspberry 3-layer cake with cream cheese frosting. If it turns out well, I might even take a photo of it for the blog. I never bake, so I'm excited to try it out. It'll be semi-homeade, which will make it easier. I think it'll be good. I think I'm going to make a veggie chili and then give folks the option to melt goat cheese in their chili. Andy and I tried this last time I made chili and it was SO GOOD. I love goat cheese. Shout out to epicurious.com and foodnetwork.com for their recipes.
Anyway, hopefully we won't be stuck with a giant pot of chili and a 3-layer cake tomorrow with no one to eat it. If no one comes over, maybe I'll take some around to the neighbors. That would be so weird and hilarious.
Have a great Friday!
Oh, Gus is currently reading to himself in his room. It's so cute. His little chipmunk voice is awesome. Earlier he dialed some random number on the phone and then handed it to me, as if to say, "It's for you!" Cracks me up.
ek
1 comment:
That's so funny. Gus is like your secretary. He's dialing people for you! Hope Christmas with your fam works out.
Post a Comment