
So, I'm hard to please. I wanted winter to arrive and it has. Now it seems the winter has brought with it a variety of nasty colds and sickness to our house, so, BE GONE, winter. Enough already. Gus has had some type of cold for the past month or two. It comes, then it's back, never really leaving us in peace. Now I've caught his nasty cold and I don't feel 100% on top of all of that, so it's fun. And by "fun" I mean it's not fun. Maybe I'm just cranky, b/c, wellllllll, I tend to get cranky when not feeling well. And Gus' rash is freaking back. I actually found myself scolding the rash the other day...yes, I was talking to my toddler's face rash. I think I said something like, "Go away, leave my child alone" or something relatively insane like that. I'm going to see if the dermatologist can move our appointment up. I just want a magic cream to make it go away. I had one, but we had to lay off it b/c it's supposedly pretty potent when used for more than 2 weeks at a time. That kinda freaked me out a little. But it worked, so go figure.
Anyway, sorry for the Negative Nancy outburst...otherwise things are good. This weekend is going to be busy. Tomorrow we have Gus' 15-month check up (even though he turns 16 months old today). He has to get more shots, so I hope he manages. He's usually pretty good, though. And his doctor sometimes takes us to the room with the electric train that runs around the room, so that always distracts Gus. I hope we get that room. Oh, and we have to take the good old Buick in for a check up, too. Babies and cars...check. And then I have to clean my house a bit b/c it's grossing me out. And tomorrow night is the Perceptive Software holiday party, so that'll be fun. Saturday Dave Dierks (gpa) is coming into town for a bit so we're going to a pancake feed with him. And Saturday my dad's side of the family is having their Christmas potluck in Eudora, so we'll pig out a that and see all the cousins on the Curtis side of the family. And there are lots of kids, so it'll be fun and totally chaotic. All of this and still no Christmas tree for us. We've been so busy. I think we'll pick that up Sunday. And my college friend, Brad, who is from KC but lives in L.A., is coming into town this weekend so I hope to see him. I haven't seen him, well, I think since our wedding in 2002, so it's been awhile!
Hope you all have a good one. Bundle up.
ek
1 comment:
Holy Cow! I'm tired just reading about all the things you guys have going on this weekend. Good luck to you and I hope you're feeling much better so you can handle all the chaos!
Post a Comment