Sorry, it's Monday. My brain is still waking up.
The weekend was nice. We did have the family over Saturday, even though the predicted snowfall actually happened. Fortunately, the roads were okay. The party was fun and chaotic. We ate chili, cornbread, chicken balls (they are actually really good...my mom makes them...but the name is just weird/gross), cake and other stuff. We basically pigged out and had a great time. And KU kicked butt against Ohio, so that was a nice bonus.
We leave on Saturday for Iowa. Trying to figure out who gets the job of checking on our 3 cats while we're gone. Probably our really nice neighbors who live across the street. On our trip we were going to drive into Chicago to visit Andy's Grandmother and Great Aunt, but we've decided not to. I'm kinda sad, but we'll see her again soon hopefully and hopefully we'll also get to go into the city next time.
This week I'm putting together little bags o' candy for our neighbors. Not all of them, mind you, just the ones we know. :) We do have some very lovely neighbors, so it'll be nice. I was going to make cookies, but that didn't happen. So, hopefully they like chocolate! I figure if they don't like chocolate, well, that's their loss, right?
We still need to buy Gus' xmas gift/s. Yikes, nothing like cutting it super close. I think I'm going to leave it up to Andy to run to Toys R' Us and buy something, since he works in KC. Gus already scored some cool toys from my parents this past weekend. He received the original Tickle Me Elmo and a singing bear (the bear sings a Barry White song...it's weird and hilarious). Gus loves them both, but he especially loves the Barry White bear. The bear sings (and dances to), "Your my first, my last, my everything..." It's really funny. He also scored some much-needed pajamas and an outfit from my parents. Oh, and he got a Thomas the Train toy, which he likes.
Anyway, have a good Monday.
ek
No comments:
Post a Comment