It's the 4th and we're just hanging out. Gus is watching Thomas the Train, Andy is talking to his Dad on the phone, and I'm updating my blog.
We're going to be busy today and this weekend, getting the baby's room ready to go. I'm excited b/c we got the wall art in the mail this week. We ordered some fun textiles to hang on the walls, so I'll post a photo once the room is set up. We ordered some fun textile art for Gus' room and now we're addicted. They sell all kinds of fun stuff online these days! We ordered Gus' wall art from a Marimekko online store, and Fozzy's stuff came from Dwell.
Gus had a fun week. My mom watched him on Monday, Wed. and Thursday b/c Jen is on vacation. He had a blast with my mom. He was really sad to see her leave. My mom always teaches Gus new words. She watches him pretty much every year during this week b/c Jen usually takes vacation during the week of the 4th. Last year he learned the word "ball" from my mom (his 1st real word!) and this week he learned a few new words and songs, including the beginning to "Row, Row, Row Your Boat." My mom the teacher! He also fell off a chair and scratched his nose, and at some point during the week he got about a billion bug bites, one really nasty one on his eyelid (I'm pretty sure he got them when we were in the garden Tuesday...I even covered him in bug spray!). His eye was so swollen this week, I was so nervous. I took him to the doctor but all we could do was give him Benadryl (sp?) and Clartin and wait for it to clear up. It looks so much better today. Before and after photos for your pleasure (the before photo is somewhat scary...his eye really was that swollen and nasty!
Before...Gus giving the "stink eye"
+of+Copy+of+Copy+of+Gusphotos+018.jpg)
And after...Mr. Happy Pants is back!
+of+Copy+of+Copy+of+Gusphotos+019.jpg)
Our friends Kim and Chris are in town this weekend. We're so excited to see them. They moved to Dallas two years ago and we all miss them terribly. They are expecting their first baby in September, so we're throwing them a baby shower tomorrow night (I should say Hannah and Jim are throwing it! We are contributing). Anyway, it's at Hannah and Jim's lake house and we're going to shoot off some fireworks and whatnot. The kids will have a blast, and it'll be so good to get a Trankowski fix (we call them the "Trankowskis" b/c Kim's maiden name is "Tran" and their married name is "Jankowski" so it's a perfect fit). I can't wait to see Kim's baby belly.
Speaking of babies, we're REALLY in the final countdown now. Andy and I are getting extremely excited about Fozzy's arrival. What will he/she look like? Will Fozzy be a girl or boy? So many fun surprises. Oh, and what to name him/her? We were going back and forth just last night on names. We still haven't decided what name to pick from our list of boys and girls names. We have about 2-3 of each, and it's hard to decide. I guess we'll figure it out when Fozzy arrives. I can't wait to snuggle with a newborn, though. I did get a baby fix at work this week. A student I know brought her new little girl in (just a month old) and I held her. She was gorgeous and so snuggly and smelled so good. Ahhhh, babies. It felt so good to hold her.
I have another doc appointment Monday, and they are every week from now on. I'll be full term in about a week, so we'll see what happens! I'm a little anxious about work b/c there's so much left to do, but I'll get it done. I remember feeling this way with Gus and somehow I got everything done in time. The new interim dean started this week, too (my new boss for a year). He's very nice and is very excited for Fozzy's arrival. He has two grown children himself, so he seems very family-focused, which is great.
I'll end this post with a photo of Gus and Ash swinging at the park. Good times!
+of+Copy+of+Copy+of+Gusphotos+032.jpg)
1 comment:
Glad to hear you had a good weekend. We can't wait for Fozzy's arrival either. I love not knowing if it's a boy or girl. It make sit to exciting for us. Have a good week girl. It's hard to get back into the work mix isn't it? :(
Post a Comment