
Cleo is one week old now. She's doing well. Eating well, pooping and peeing well, sleeping all the time. I forgot how much they sleep these first couple of weeks. I know it's the "honeymoon period" so I'm trying to take advantage of her naps while I can (by napping myself). I hope to fit one in later this afternoon. We took her to the doctor Monday for her week check up and the doc said she's looking great. She's back up to her birth weight, which made me feel good. She's so much smaller than Gus was that I constantly worry she's not gaining enough weight, but that's just the worrier in me. I know she isn't technically smiling yet, but I love to see her "smiles" (gas or whatever) when she's sleeping. It gives us some insight on what her cute little face will look like when she does smile for real.
Gus is doing well. He has his moments where he's super jealous of Cleo (mostly when I'm feeding her...he yells "Momma, Momma!" and cries/whines). It makes me feel loved but also terrible for him at the same time. I know it's a phase, but it breaks my heart when he does it. He's been yelling out for me when he gets stressed...last night in the middle of the night I heard him yell "Momma!" and then he went back to sleep. I just hug and kiss him about twice as much as I used to, hoping that will help him adjust. But he gives Cleo kisses and hugs, and he calls her "Baby K-eee-o" It's super cute. He seems to really dig her most of the time, which is nice. He had his 2-year doctor's appointment yesterday and is doing great, too. He's in the 84% for weight and 85% for height (31 lbs. and 34" inches tall). As my doctor always says, he's a "sturdy boy." Hee hee. I'm also excited that we get to switch to 2% milk for Gus...cheaper!
This weekend we're having a few folks over for Gus' 2nd birthday. I need to think about what type of cake I'm going to make and we need to get his gift! So behind...it'll be a laid back get together since the baby is so new. But I wanted to throw something for him. I think I'll keep him out of daycare on his actual bday *8/6* and do something with him and Cleo. Maybe the zoo?I'm getting used to maternity leave again. I start to go a little crazy when I don't have work to accomplish. I'm just so programmed to be working...but it's nice to just have some down time with Cleo. Gus has been going to daycare during the week (the 3 days he usually goes) and I have him on Tuesdays and Fridays. It's hard when it's just me and the two kids together, but I am learning how to get around with both. It's difficult, though...double the work, for sure.
Until later...oh, more photos posted at our flickr account.
ek
1 comment:
Hi Erin,
I have gifts for Cleo and Gus, just need to get to the post office. I hope Gus had a nice b-day!
Getting sleep?
-C
Post a Comment