It was a fun weekend. Saturday Cherie and Kelly and I went for lunch, manis/pedis and drinks at Free State. Of course there are always interesting folks hanging out on the patio at Free State, so we witnessed a *fun* political debate between one dude and a few others. It was pretty hilarious and true to form for Lawrence! Kelly, Cherie and I had a blast catching up, though. And my nails look pretty good, so that's fun. I haven't had a manicure in a very long time, and getting one always make me feel more "put together" or "polished," no pun intended, of course. Now I just need to use that massage gift certificate that Andy bought me. I'm looking forward to that! On Sunday we took Gus and Cleo to Baldwin City to ride an old 1920's passenger train. It was a relaxing, fun time (even if it was a billion degrees on the train and we were all a sweaty mess!). Gus LOVED it, though. I think Cleo had fun, too. And I met a woman who told me all about her grandkids and her daughter's high risk pregnancy and whatnot, and during all her talking all I could focus on was her "Holy Cow" tattoo (that's right...a tattoo of a cow with a halo and wings...). It was truly awesome. She was very nice, though, and told me that Cleo was just darling. The train was full of fun people with their kids. I also met Mindy, a little girl who was probably 7 or 8 years old, from Blue Springs, Missouri. She told me that Cleo was pretty and that she liked her name. Mindy was fun.

My mom came up Sunday evening and hung out w/ the kids so Andy and I could go to dinner. We ate sushi and had Japanese beer. It was a lovely date!
Glad to know it's September...it's that much closer to autumn. I love it. I can't wait to hit the pumpkin patch with the kids and decorate the house for Halloween! I'm a geek like that.

Us on the train! Poor Gus is a sweaty mess.
2 comments:
The trains sound neat. Reminds me of the John & Kate + 8 episode I just saw. haha. Mindy is right, Cleo IS cute. :)
I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing. That sounds like fun.
Post a Comment