So this week I'm returning to my single mom ways, hence the blog title. Andy starts his travel schedule up again. He's out of town throughout a good portion of the rest of the month and most of November. I'm sad but I know it's part of the deal. I know folks do it every day, but I haven't had to manage both kids and work yet. It'll be fine, though, I'm sure. I do feel so much more comfortable with both kids now than I did when Cleo was first born, and I think it'll just get even easier with time.
We had a nice weekend in Iowa. Andy fished with his dad and his dad's best friend up near the borders of Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin . They had a great time. I was alone w/ the kids Friday so I took the kids downtown (Iowa City) to walk around and see the University. I think Gus had a great time. Sally returned from Michigan Friday night and we all hung out the rest of the weekend. Gus had a blast with Gma and Gpa, and I believe Cleo did, too. :) They both did so well. We took a little tour of some of the areas of the town affected by the terrible flood in June. It was so depressing to see entire neighborhoods of empty ruined houses, gutted businesses, etc...so crazy. The city is rebuilding but it's going to take a few years to return to normal. We took a nice hike w/ the kids and Dave on Saturday. Gus loved picking up sticks and leaves. It took us awhile to finish the walk b/c he stopped quite often. :)
I return to work Wednesday. I should find out the fate of my job this week as the University is supposed to announce the fine arts restructuring plan (finally). We shall see.
Our Obama/Biden yard sign arrived, so we're proudly representing. Yahoo!
3 comments:
Awesome picture of Andy, the kids and his dad. I'm so glad you guys had fun and got to get away before you go back to work. I'm definitely sending positive thoughts your way about your job and about being by yourself so much with the kids.
Damn you for putting that song in my head! Good luck with your first week back, I know it'll be a huge adjustment especially with Andy gone.You'll do great!
I remember those days of eating in the car or sitting in a parking lot so I could nurse and Carina could eat! Memory lane. Good luck on your own this week. It sounds like a ton of work. Which would you rather - miss your kids or be the one doing all the work? That's a tough one.
Post a Comment