So a Facebook friend of mine sent me this post and I then filled it out and sent it on to friends of mine. It's 25 random things about me. I thought it was fun (I'm a sucker for these things) so I thought I'd include it here as a post. I love learning random things about friends. I hope other Facebook friends do the same post!
1. I suffer from Ranidaphobia (fear of frogs). No joke.
2. I worked for a summer at the Clinton Parkway Hy-Vee at the meat and cheese "island" while attending KU. Don't eat the ham salad and I highly suggest staying away from the really cheap turkey, as well.
3. I dated a guy in high school (he was from Topeka) who I later found out was a self-proclaimed Satanist and he also stole cars for fun. I was aiming high with that one.
4. I pick up on song lyrics very quickly and have a great memory for them. I remember the most obscure lyrics and parts of random songs--it freaks my husband out. It's my gift to the world.
5. I shared a bedroom with my (5 years younger) sister until I was well into high school. That's what happens when you have 3 girls and only 2 bedrooms, and I was the middle child. Boo hoo.
6. I was a lifeguard for three summers in a row. I saved a kid once.
7. I saw a kid die in high school. He was playing basketball and my girls bb team was watching the game before we had to go into the locker room. He fell down and died on the court. I saw the EMS folks do a trachiotomy on him but it didn't work.
8. I LOVE to kareoke and sang "Magic Man" at my bachlorette party.
9. I have always yearned to learn to breakdance but have never had the chance. I would take a class even now.
10. I shoplifted for the first (and last) time from Casey's General Store in my hometown. I stuffed a pack of tan pantyhose down my shirt. I felt so guilty I never did it again. Catholic guilt, I tell ya.
11. I absolutely love squeezing candy bars until they explode in their wrappers. I know this is super weird, but it's really cathartic for me. My favorite one? Probably Reese's P.B. Cups.
12. I was a pretty darn good volleyball and softball player in high school. I hit 3 home runs (one of them a grand slam) in a game against our rival softball team, Osage City. I sucked big time at basketball, though.
13. I was also in four musicals in high school and was lead in two of them (Bye Bye Birdie and Lil' Abner). I loved acting and singing. Now when I think of it I get super embarrassed!
14. I had a senior photo taken with my drill team outfit and poms poms (awesome, I know). My hands were under my chin and the poms poms were next to my face. Oh, I also had a spiral perm at the time. The photo shop had it made into a huge poster to hang in the window and my parents still have it. It's absolute blackmail material.
15. I have no patience for riddles or puzzles. None.
16. When I was younger I wanted to be either a cartoonist or an actor on SNL.
17. My husband and I have a goal to own a second property someday to use as a vacation home. We have our eyes on Michigan (on the lake) or possibly Florida. If we hit bank someday (ha), we'd love to buy a condo in Chicago, too. One can dream.
18. I've never been to California. I have a handful of friends or relatives who live there, so I hope to visit someday soon.
19. I think Christopher Guest and David Sedaris are both gods.
20. I still have a crush on Gary Oldman.
21. I still love Pearl Jam. They were my first and will always be my last. I would love to meet Eddie Vedder someday (under normal circumstances...when I met him at a concert in Wichita and screamed like a child, well, that doesn't count).
22. I own close to 20 pairs of flip flops.
23. I met my husband at KJHK. I was his "boss"--I was Music Director at the time and he was on my music staff. So funny.
24. I quit a babysitting job in college by having a friend call in for me and leave a message on the main voice mail while we were extremely drunk (at 2am on Sunday morning...I was due to babysit that Sunday morning at 9am). My friend's message said that I had "personal issues" that I had to deal with. Then I ran into the coordinator for the church daycare at Dillon's on Mass Street about a week later and she was really concerned for me, so I had to fake having personal issues. Bad Erin.
25. These "getting to know you" lists are absolutely guilty pleasures of mine. Can you tell?
3 comments:
Those are fantastic and I didn't even know about a few of them so that was fun.
Hmmm...did you forget your mother can read this too? Shoplifting at Caseys?
Mom! What are you doing on here? Aaaaaahhhhhhh!
Post a Comment