






Cleo turned 1 on July 22. We had a gathering at our house to celebrate her bday, and Andy's family came in, which was great. Andy's sister, Jenny, and her son, Eli, stayed with us for about 5 days. We loved having them and wish they could've stayed longer. Gus and Eli, needless to say, loved hanging out. They wore each other out every day! We took the kids to the zoo on Cleo's birthday (zoo in Topeka). It's a great zoo, and there's a train park across the street with a carousel. The kids had a blast.
Cleo's 1-year stats are: 29" inches long (45%) and 19 lbs. 12 oz. (27%) for weight. She had a growth spurt in length, which is fun. She went from the 9% in height to the 45%. She has almost caught up with Gus' growth. He was at just over 30" at one year. Their weights are quite different, though! Gus was over 25 lbs. at a year and Cleo is under 20 lbs. All her weight is in her legs...she has some awesome thunder thighs! Love it. She is also getting her top two teeth, and they are almost all the way out. So cute, but it's been painful for her.
Gus starts preschool the first week of September. I cannot believe it! I'm gathering paperwork for it now. I think he's excited. He talks about going to school, so I think he gets it. And he'll be in class with his daycare friend, Elizabeth, so that's great.
I'm excited b/c we bought a new car. We bought a Subaru Forester, and I love it. It's silver, and it's just nice to have a new car. We traded in the 1991 Buick, and I'm still sad about it. I'm happy to have the new car, but the Buick had been in the Dierks family since day one, and it has treated us so well. It was a wonderful car. I hope the new owners treat it well. It's funny how we get so attached to cars.
Andy and I are getting geared up to go to Florida next week. My mom will watch the kids for the majority of the time and then Annie will come for the last night. I hope the kids do well...fingers crossed. I'm just so very, very excited for some R&R on the beach! Yes!!! It's been insanely busy at work for me, at least compared to what I'm used to, so I'm ready for the long weekend.
New blog on lawrence.com coming tomorrow or Thursday...check it out!
3 comments:
I like those Forresters. Looks like a good family car.
Oh my gosh, Happy Birthday, Cleo! I'm bad with cards, Erin. How fun fun fun. Lil Cleo. One already. She is such a cutie. I thought the pic of her in the stroller in front of the elephants was a high chair at first. I thought, "interesting, they fed her in front of the stinky elephant pit." Ohhhh..it's a stroller I realized.
I'm so jealous of the trip to Florida! HOw fun!! I hope you have a great time w/o the kiddos too! Cleo is a doll and I'm so behind on getting a gift to her. I can't wait to see the new wheels girl.
I can't believe she is 1! I'm really behind on everyone's blogs and so terrible on my own! Happy belated b-day Cleo!
Post a Comment