Monday, December 3, 2007

Orange Bowl & brain rot

Sports, sports sports:
I'm so proud of our football team. They made it to the Orange Bowl, which is amazing. I know it's not the top bowl game, but it's one of the top games, which is fine by me. I can't believe I'm actually going to type this, but I kinda, sorta feel bad for Mizzou b/c they didn't even make it to a BCS bowl. They only lost 2x all year and they had a harder schedule than KU. I think they got ripped off. Oh, well, that's how the cookie crumbles, right...and did anyone catch that awesome KU bb game yesterday? I was so nervous I couldn't even watch most of it. But they pulled away at the end, thank God. Andy was so mad at Chalmers b/c he just kept messing up, but then he definitely redeemed himself with some important 3-pointers. And, did anyone catch the Texas v UCLA bb game last night? SO GOOD! It was a heartbreaker for UCLA. I was excited for Texas b/c their win makes the Big 12 stronger. The game was seriously down to the last second. It was amazing. I love games like that when KU isn't involved...not as scary!

Enough about sports...the weekend was nice. We went to our friend's house for a holiday party, munched on some good eats and exchanged white elephant gifts. Andy and I ended up getting an assortment of interesting bakeware: skull muffin tins, a brain jello mold and a car cake mold. Hilarious! I'll use them, for sure.

Okay, embarrassing revelation: Andy and I have been somewhat sucked into Keeping up with the Kardashians...I know, I know, it's brain rot, but for some reason we both like that show. I think it's b/c the Kardashian sisters are actually somewhat entertaining. Don't get me wrong, they are pretty insane and stupid most of the time, but compared to most reality shows, they are entertaining. I kinda like Khloe...she's pretty bitter all the time and just really insane, so I always wait for her bitchy comments. And I love (hate) that besides the stepdad (Bruce Jenner) and the boy (Robert), the mom and daughters all have names that start with K (and there are 5 daughters). That's just overkill on the letter 'K.' Anyhoo...we totally got sucked into watching 3 episodes in a row last night. And then we watched a rerun of The Soup, which was a wonderful end to the evening! And The Soup makes fun of Keeping up with the Kardashians all the time, which is awesome.

This weekend should be fun. Andy's company holiday party is Friday evening in KC. We are staying at a hotel where they have the party. My mom will stay over and watch Gus. Good times...a mini vacation!

Until next post...

ek

1 comment:

Lindi Ben said...

I don't know the show you're talking about, but my guilty pleasure show is "John and Kate plus 8". No way in heck I'd watch that before I had kids. I'm just amazed at the 2 6 year olds and 6 2 year old thing.