Thursday, February 21, 2008

More sleet, more snow...ready for March!

At least I think I want March to come soon. I say that now, but watch, March will be just as nasty as February. So far this winter has been rather harsh, at least for Kansas, so who knows. I feel like all those older people that bitch and moan about the weather all the time. I usually get so annoyed with them, but this year I've become one! But today we are expecting more sleet and snow. It was sleeting on my drive to work this morning, so I had to switch between the defrost and heat all while still operating the windshield wipers in the old Buick (and the windshield wipers are loud). The Buick does pretty well in this weather, but I can tell it struggles a bit. It is 17 years old! But a couple of weeks ago I had to laugh because as I drove to work in my old grandma car I noticed a BMW stranded on a hill that was covered with ice and snow. I felt bad for the dude, but I had to laugh a bit because the old Buick made it up the same hill with no problems. I wanted to show off in some way, but how do you show off in a 1991 Buick LeSabre?

As I was dressing Gus this morning I tried to put on his new PediPeds I bought him (so cute...blue loafers). But he pointed to his All-Star hightops. He pulled those out and looked at me as if to say, "Hey lady, this is what I want to wear." He is really into his "ooohs" (shoes) lately and he likes to pick them out. He usually either picks his All-Stars or his Van sneakers. Considering I just spent money on a new pair of PediPeds, I think I am going to have to lay down the law tomorrow and make him wear those! Tonight we are going to (probably) watch the Obama and Clinton debate on CNN (at least I think it is tonight). I think we have watched at least parts of every Democratic debate so far, so now that Obama is ahead of Clinton I would really like to catch this one. Andy really wants to make hotdog rollups (nasty, but he loves them), so I will probably be the one eating leftovers.
Tomorrow night I am hosting a movie party with my mom friends. It is basically a chance to leave the kids at home and watch a movie and eat pizza. We are going to watch "The Day After." I hope Kelly can come by; she is going to be in Topeka tomorrow. Should be fun. Saturday I am also hosting our weekly playdate in the morning. I am excited because on Sunday we are going to Nordstroms in KC so I can buy a purse. I have a giftcard from xmas that I need to spend, and I figure what better to spend it on than a nice purse? I always buy cheap purses, but every once in awhile I like to splurge and get something really nice. I hope I can find something. I love purses so much. I have too many.

Oh, a funny dream I have to pass on. My older sister, Shana, had this dream and called me the other day to share. We were cracking up over it and I keep laughing about it. She dreamed that we had our baby and it was a girl. We named her Gretchen, which would be weird b/c I have a really close cousin named Gretchen, who we we usually call "Gretchi." And Shana said in the dream I decided to call our baby "Gretchi," too. So that was one weird thing. But the best part was that while we were showing off the baby to Shana and Jeremy, Gus came into the room dressed as a girl. He had on a dress and a red yarn wig that was divided into braids. He looked really upset, too. Shana asked us why he was dressed as a girl and we told her to just ignore him, he was just going through a phase. We told Shana he was jealous of the baby so he dressed himself as a girl and walked around all day like that, trying to get attention. Isn't it just terrible that we told Shana to "just ignore him b/c he's going through a phase"??? Awful and hilarious! Anyway, had to share. I hope if Gus does go through some jealously it doesn't get that bad! Or I at least hope we can get him a better wig to wear...who wants to wear a red yarn wig?

The pregnancy seems to be going well. I had quite a few growing pains yesterday afternoon and evening. I know it is just the old uterus growing but they always worry me just a bit. But I feel better today. I think I am going through a growth spurt, though. I can just tell when they come on. I have my next appt. on Monday, so that should be fun. We are so in the dark on boys names right now. We have plenty of time, but if we are in this same place in July, I'm going to panic a little. We do have two options for boy names, but we're both a bit lukewarm on them right now. Who knows what will happen over the next 5 months, though. I think we have a few girl names we really dig, so I feel comfortable there. All names are a surprise, though. It drives my mom insane. I love it. :)

ek

No comments: