Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Friday

So today is kinda my Friday since I work 1/2 day from home tomorrow. It always feels good on Thursdays. I think I'm going to lunch with the ladies from my office today, so that's something to look forward to.

I'm a little frustrated but what do you do...Gus has yet another head cold. He literally just got over one and now he has another. It just makes me sad b/c he went from Mr. Giggly Pants to somber little guy in just a day b/c he's so congested and whatnot. And he hates having his nose wiped, so I'm "Mean Mommy" all day long, wiping the strings of snot from his face (gross, yes). So, I'm looking forward to the end of this cold. He's been grabbing his ear a bit less the past couple of days. That had me a bit concerned, although his doctor has checked him out twice now and he doesn't have an ear infection. He thinks Gus is just teething and said that kids sometimes grab their ear/s when teething.

Last night I had my first Council meeting with our church. I had to take notes. It was insane b/c even though I type pretty fast, there was no way I could keep up with all that was being said. It's going to be hilarious to go back over my notes b/c they are going to be so wacky. The meeting was 2 hours long...tooooooo long for me. And I was so hungry and thirsty. My stomach kept growling loudly. I'll remember to bring water and some snacks next time. I guess not all meetings are that long, so that's good. They better not be. I got home and Andy had put Gus to bed and was reading. KU had won the bb game (yahoo!) and so I drank some V-8 juice and headed to bed.

I have a scratchy throat and it doesn't seem to want to leave. I've taken zinc but that's not really helping. I hope it doesn't turn into anything else. My friend, Marisa, just found out she has pnuemonia and a double sinus infection + fever. She's at home trying to get better. There are some crazy things going around right now. I've already had the stomach flu thing, so I just want to stay healthy from now on. We will see.

Great weather this week...60 degrees on Saturday! I am so psyched. I want to take Gus to the park if it's not too muddy. I want to enjoy this spring-like weather while it's here, b/c I'm sure it'll be freezing again soon.

Babies coming up soon: Megan and Blake due March 17 (just heard from Megan and she's doing well...they know they are having a girl and they are just waiting to see when she comes now!). Cherie and Aaron are going in on March 21...maybe the Hodges and the Rourkes will have babies on the same day? I love it.

ek

2 comments:

Cherie Che-Rai said...

Hi Erin-- poor little Gus. I know what you mean about those nasty infections! Eli has another cough, but he's acting fine, it just sounds nasty! Plus Aaron has been sick too, a sinus thing. I'm hoping I don't get either! I didn't realize how involved you've been getting at church! I was lucky to get Aaron to go last weekend. I hope you don't get sick! Can't wait for the nice weather this weekend!
-C

Kelly said...

Hope you are feeling better... I'm feeling sick to my stomach as I type.. hope it's nothing. I hate little kid sicknesses. they are such a pain and you feel so bad for them. Hopefully Gus feels better soon.