Friday, February 8, 2008

Sick House, Round II

We've been hit again. I woke up Wednesday feeling absolutely terrible (pukey, dizzy, you name it). Andy ran in the room and proclaimed, "KU called a sick day!" He was excited for us. Normally I would've been, too, except that I felt like absolute shat. So what should've been a day of playing in the snow and hanging out turned into a day in which I spent either in the bathroom or in bed with the blinds closed. Andy worked from home b/c the roads weren't so great, but I ended up hanging with Gus until Andy finished a conference call presentation that morning. I ended up just laying on the couch wrapped in a blanket while Gus drew all over the wall downstairs. Not the chalkboard where he's been instructed to draw, but the wall. I didn't even care. I was so out of it. Andy took over at that point and let me sleep for the rest of the day (well, when I wasn't kneeling over the toilet I was sleeping). We ended up taking Gus to daycare for the afternoon so he could work and I could rest. Fun times!

So fast forward to today. My stomach has been killing me the past two days, but the pukes are all gone, or at least I think they are. But it's hard to eat anything b/c whenever I do, it kills my stomach. I had this weird bug last year around the time of Andy's holiday party. It really sucks, whatever it is. I don't think it's the pregnancy, but who knows. Now Gus has a really nasty head cold that is making him super cranky and weepy and not hungry and all of that. He slept for 3 hours today--he hardly ever does that. But hopefully the cold will clear up this weekend sometime. Ha, his last cold lasted for an eternity! (See photo of him above...peeking over our bed with his red nose).

Andy, of course, remains the picture of health and happiness. Arggghhh. No, I'm happy we're not all sick. That would suck. I just feel like he has built up this amazing immunity to illness. He's not human. Now I've jinxed him.

Looking forward to 60+ degree weather and flowers!


ek

No comments: