The weekend was nice and busy. I had some girlfriends over Friday night to watch "The Day After" and eat pizza. The movie was so hilarious and bad. I had not seen it before, and we were absolutely cracking up. It was such a "made for tv" movie. I'm so glad Kelly was there to watch it with me, too! It was so great to see her, and Alex came by briefly with Solomon, so I got to see them, too. Saturday morning we hosted a playdate at our house. Our friends came over with their kids and we sat around eating scones, fruit and danishes, drinking coffee and talking. It was just as nice for the parents as it was for the kiddos. Saturday afternoon we watched the horrific KU game and that night we watched the latest Harry Potter movie. Sunday after church we ran up to KC to shop. I didn't get the purse I so badly wanted b/c all the purses at Nordstrom's were literally $400 or more (although I saw plenty of purses that were amazing), but I ended up getting a cute pair of shoes and some lip gloss from MAC, so that was a fun treat. I hate the mall and so does Andy, so we got out of there quickly, but not before we witnessed the most digusting PDA ever. These teenagers were practically laying on top of each other, totally making out in the middle of the mall. It was so trashy and I was so grossed out. We were cracking up but almost throwing up at the same time. Smell ya later, mall.
Today I had another doctor's appt. The baby is doing well. The heart rate was good (163 today) and the baby was very active. I had some blood taken for genetic testing. I did this testing with Gus and all turned out ok, so I'm optimistic this time, too, even though every pregnancy is different. I gained a pound since last appointment, but I think that's because I was so sick for over a week that I actually lost a little weight this month (but I've been making up for that the past week or so...eating a lot). So far I've gained 4-5 lbs. total and I'm at 17+ weeks. I'm pretty sure I had gained about 18 lbs. by the time I was at 20 weeks with Gus, but I also pigged out when pregnant with Gus. I'm trying to watch myself a bit more with this one b/c I did not lose all my pregnancy weight with Gus (I had about 10-12 lbs. to go and then I got pregnant!). So, my goal is to get back into my pre-Gus clothes sometime after baby #2, but I'm going to need help from a trainer, I think! And I know it'll take some time, too. I will think about that more later! :)
Gus is SO CUTE these days. I mean, I always think he's cute, but for some reason the past few days he has revealed this hilarious side to his personality. He's so funny--like, he laughs at everything and then I laugh and Andy laughs, which makes Gus laugh even more. He adores playing hide-n-seek. Last night before his bath, he was running around his room naked, hiding behind me and peeking out from behind me. When I would look at him, he would just erupt into giggles, almost falling down from laughing. It's so funny to see him just crack up. And he's been a little sassy lately, too. He's been throwing this itsy bitsy little temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way immediately, but they are so small (and funny) that I can't get too mad at him. For example, this morning I was getting his breakfast but I wasn't moving fast enough for him. So he started having a meltdown. Andy picked up him to put him in his highchair and Gus started kicking his legs. Andy told him he was going to get "time out" (which usually make Gus calm down) and he did calm down immediately, but he had this hilarious pout on his face. He stuck his lower lip out and just gave Andy this look of dread. We both literally had to stifle our laughter b/c it was so dramatic. Anyway, most of the time he's fine but lately his dramatic side has been shining through more. I should probably be scared, but it's just too funny and pretty harmless so far.
Anyway, that's enough from me until next time. Have a good one.
ek
2 comments:
It was FANTASTIC to see you and Andy and Gus as well on Friday night. The movie was just our style. I told Alex that we watched it and commented throughout (he hates when I do that). He likes complete silence.. weirdo! Ha! :)Anyway, I'm glad the baby is doing well and you look wonderful as always GIRL!
I love the dramatic tantrums! I made it to the mall this past weekend too-- It was incredibly crowded yuck! You mean, you and Andy don't make out at the mall.. I mean EVERYONE does! LOL! I can't believe you've only gained 4 lbs!
-C
Post a Comment