
We had a very busy and fun weekend, hence the title of this blog entry. :)
Andy's parents came in Friday evening and we had a great time with them. They stayed until Sunday afternoon. We watched KU basketball (GO 'HAWKS!), they had some good times with Gus, and we went on a couple of Easter egg hunts with the Guster, too. Saturday we went to our friend's open house/Easter hunt and Sunday we went to Osage City to my aunt's annual Easter potluck partaaaay. I ate lots of food and saw family and Gus had a great time looking for treats in the yard. He really liked finding the plastic eggs and has a stash of them now that he just plays and plays with. And I love eating his candy.
Overall it was a lovely weekend, and we are getting back into the grind this week. I work from home today and tomorrow b/c I had to rearrange daycare this week (Jen on vacation), and I work Wed-Friday in the office. Andy left for another business trip to Michigan today and he returns Wednesday afternoon. We already miss him. He's going to be taking many business trips in April to Michigan, Phoenix, Montreal, etc... I'm a little jealous of all the places he's going, but he is mostly in meetings the entire time he's there, so I'm sure it's not exactly a vacation for him!
***(sorry for the run-on paragraph, but my blog won't let me start a new paragraph for some reason--annoying!)***
I had my 20-week appointment today. I started rotating doctors in case my doc isn't on call when I go into labor. It's weird not seeing my doc (I adore my doc!), but the one I met today was very nice. I liked her quite a bit. All is going well with Fozzy. The heartbeat sounded very strong at 150, my genetic tests came back normal, and I measured just 1/2" longer than the "average" so I get a sonogram next month. I love how they can find reasons to give you a covered sonogram. I measured long during my first pregnancy, so I'm not worried about it. I think it's just how I carry babies. I guess it can also mean I'm farther (further?) along than they think, which wouldn't be a bad thing. We'll see next month. I'm excited to see the little tomato on the sono but I'm nervous of finding out the sex by accident. During our sono with Gus, Andy asked the sono techinician if she could tell what the sex was and she said, "Oh, yes, definitely..." and of course we couldn't help but think it was a boy after that reaction. And it was! So I'm paranoid. But I don't think Andy can go to this one with me--he's on another business trip. That makes me both sad and relieved. Maybe I will be 100% surprised this time! :) Oh, and I felt the baby actually kick for the first time Sunday morning. Andy felt it, too, which was great. It's a busy little bee in there. I feel it all the time (as I type this, in fact!).
I can't WAIT to hear that Cherie and Aaron have welcomed #2...any time now. I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow, at the latest! Good luck Cherie. We are thinking of you and are so excited!
GO KU!
ek
No comments:
Post a Comment