So, we play in the Sweet 16 tonight. In an effort to try to manage my anxiety about the NCAA tournament, I've tried to just chill until the game start time. But now that we're in the Sweet 16 I've found that is harder and harder to do! I'm just so excited and nervous. I think, I mean, I KNOW, we'll do great tonight, but there's always that fear that we'll look like Tennessee did last night...basically that we'll just have a bad night. I know I say this every year, but I honestly think we can beat any one of these final teams this year. But I need to take it one game at a time...I'm in the office today, which is weird for me (I know, boo hoo!), but I'm dealing. I'm so tired today b/c Gus woke up last night around 12:30 a.m. or so. I went in to check on him after I realized he wasn't going back to sleep and realized he had pooped his diaper. No fun to sleep in that mess, so I changed him and found that he had a terrible diaper rash. Poor little sugar. I felt awful. He was so tired and was just crying like crazy. So I cleaned him up and rubbed lots of Butt Paste on his fanny. Then he slept like a rock the rest of the night. I hope he gets his poops out of the way during the day today, b/c that was no fun. Andy pretty much slept through it all...he woke up briefly but I could tell he was actually more asleep than awake. I left the lamp on in the room just to torture him while I changed Gus. How mean is that? :) He barely remembered it this morning. Ahhhh, heavy sleepers. Why couldn't I be one of those?
I attempted to walk out of the house without tights on under my skirt today. I thought it was supposed to be close to 60* today but it was freezing when we left, so I changed into tights. I'm so ready for this chilly weather to GO AWAY. We need some warmth now. I'm so sick of wearing winter clothes.
We're having the Hegemans over Saturday for a bbq, which should be really fun. We haven't chilled with the Hegs in awhile, and I need an Ebina (their 6-month old) fix. Other than that, we're just going to watch basketball, most likely. At some point we really need to get through the list of things that must be done before Fozzy arrives. We've very slowly started working through it. It includes moving Gus to a toddler bed, turning our office into the baby's room and moving the office downstairs, fixing up the yard and gardens for spring and summer and buying a china cabinet for the dining room. We also need to re-upholstery the nursery rocking chair and actually fix up the guest bedroom in the basement (which is our storage room right now!). The list overwhelms me, but hopefully we'll get through it.
Until later,
ek
2 comments:
"But even when Kansas is off, its jaw-dropping talent is too much."
--MSNBC
I know what you mean about being nervous before the game. I was nervous on Friday too. We played Wii bowling to get the nerves out.
Post a Comment