
It's Friday and that is great. Andy gets home today from a business trip to Michigan. He leaves again for another trip Sunday night, but we'll have a nice weekend with him. I'm going to play the role of "Single Mom" quite a bit this month and next since he's flying out to meet his new clients in Michigan and elsewhere, but I've kinda gotten used to it. I hated it at first but it's ok now b/c Andy's trips are usually only 2-3 days long. It's snowing as I type this so I hope his flight isn't delayed.
We've had a pretty good week. Gus' ear infection is slowly moving out, which is nice. His cold is basically gone, so that means he'll have another next week. :) Work has been hectic for me lately. It's a very busy time of year and the dean search committee is interviewing 3 finalists for the new fine arts dean, who will be my boss next school year. I've met one of the candidates and will meet the other two next week. We shall see. It makes me a bit nervous to get a new boss, but in the end I can't do anything about it, so I just roll with it. I'll miss my current boss/dean, though. He's been pretty cool to me. He'll be a professor at KU once he steps down, so I'll still see him in the halls, but it'll be weird to call him Professor and not Dean.
No major plans this weekend. We typically take part in the annual Shamrock Shuffle in Lawrence (a walk/run for charity...I walk, Andy runs...). It's supposed to be cold tomorrow so we've opted not to do it. It's weird b/c we've done it since we returned to Lawrence from Chicago, so it became a tradition with our friends. But it's hard with kids. Plus, Gus won't want to sit in the stroller for the entire walk. He'll want to walk which might take a bit too long.
I watched 3+ hours of Sex & the City Wednesday night on Netflix. It was great. I'm gearing up for the new movie in May, so I want to get through all the episodes (I've seen them on TBS but it is not the same as the real thing).
The baby has been fluttering around so much the last week. I can feel him/her swimming around. It's awesome. It'll be nice when Andy can feel the movement, too. I'm showing a bit more, it seems. I might take a photo sometime soon, although at this point I think I look weird b/c my growing boobs are still a bit larger than my growing belly. I'm waiting for that to reverse. I'm scared of having pornstar boobs this pregnancy. It doesn't bother me that much except that I still have 20 weeks left to go! :)
That's it from me for now. Above is a photo of Gus playing with his train in the office as I work. He's so funny. His new favorite thing to say is "kitty" but he sometimes yells it. He loves to follow the cats around and say "kitty, kitty, kitty"--hilarious.
Ok, funny. Gus just brought me the dispenser for the liquid infant Motrin. I left it on the bathroom sink (the Motrin was put away) and he just brought it to me and said, "yum, yum" and literally licked his lips. He likes the bubble-gum flavored Motrin. I LOVED medicine as a child, so I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Ha!
ek
2 comments:
That's fun that you are feeling baby move more and more! I ran into Karrie on the Plaza today, she was working at Lisa Lill. She's so cute! Glad you'll have Andy home for the weekend, have a good one!
-C
Oh man, I wish I was there to the Shamrock Shuffle w/ you. I've never heard of it but it sounds like fun. Glad to hear everyone's on the mend, but your expectations of pending sickness the following week are funny. haha.
Post a Comment