
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm still in shock from last night. Hell, I'm still in shock from our Final Four wins! Not that I didn't think we could do it...I honestly knew deep down we could beat any team in the tournament this year. I'm just so numb from the excitement of WINNING THE ENTIRE FREAKIN' THING! And the comeback we made last night was amazing! That was history in the making, seriously. Who comes back from 9 points with about 2 minutes left? THE KU JAYHAWKS DO! We rock. And as happy as it makes the fans, I can't imagine how happy those players and Coach Self are. I want to kiss and hug them all and just tell them how much we appreciate this fun ride. I love each of them so much (I know, cheesy, but I do). I forget how young they are, and sometimes I honestly get emotional thinking of how much pressure they are under all year at such a young age and how much some of our players have been through in their personal lives. They worked so hard to make this happen. We are fighters, through and through.
That's really what stood out over the course of this year and especially this tournament. We are true fighters, I think more so than any other team out there. We never give up! Never. Last night was the perfect example. I likened the end of the game to the scene in Kill Bill 2 where Uma Thurman worked her way out of the coffin after being buried alive. I know that's a crazy comparison, but that's how I feel about our team! There was never a situation that we couldn't fight out way back from in this tournament. Granted, it really helped that Memphis missed 4 of 5 free throws in the clutch, but I think we got into their heads and made them do that. I LOVE THAT.
Our night was good, albeit insanely stressful. We watched it at our house b/c we were superstitious. Lindsey and Anthony came over to watch it w/ us. Gus was in bed by 8pm b/c he had taken a short nap that day and was exhausted. So he slept through everything. I was shocked he slept through the end b/c I was crying and jumping around with Andy and whatnot. We all wore our KU gear (that I hadn't washed in a few days) and I literally rubbed Gus' lucky KU sweatshirt throughout the game. It worked!
That 3-pointer by Chalmers...what hasn't been said about it? It was the clutch play we needed. But I remember another clutch play by Collins--the steal on the inbound pass to get us even closer to the Tigers at the end of the game. Those were pivotal moments. Oh, and also pivotal was the fact that Chalmers was able to make Memphis' big dude foul out in regulation...that helped us in overtime! So many great moments, though.
The baby was kicking me so much during the end of the game last night, right when it was getting crazy. I kept thinking, "Baby, are you trying to tell me something? Are we going to pull this game off?" I think he/she was! I told Andy that Gus and Fozzy were our good luck charms. We are going to tell them that for the rest of their lives, too. :)
I prayed last night for the game. I know, I know, BAD FORM. I never pray for sports. I mean, there are bigger things out there to pray for. But when it was bad and we were down 7 points or so in the end, I did it. I prayed a quick prayer and do I feel guilty about it? Not really. :)
I am so tired today. We went downtown after the game (thank you, Anthony, for staying at the house w/ Gus!). It was as beautiful as you can imagine. I think they said there were around 40,000 people downtown! It was the best feeling to just walk around, hug and high five random strangers, sing the Rock Chalk chant, etc...everyone was so high on life. I wish I could've had all my KU friends there with me. That would've been the best! It was amazing to be in Lawrence during this great ride. We'll never forget it. Once we got home we both watched tv and went online and didn't get to bed until 2 or 2:30am. And Gus was up at 6:30am, so I'm beat!
Now Self just needs to stay. I know the money is tempting and so is returning to "fix" Oklahoma State's bb program. I just hope he realizes what he's got at KU and stays for at least 5 more years. I mean, he's only been at KU for 5 years. He can win at least one more championship here (if not more) before he moves on! I hope he does it. I hope Lew can pay him enough to keep him here. Fingers crossed.
ROCK CHALK, GO KU! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #1!!!
3 comments:
My fav part of your video is when Andy said "wooooooo, wooooo". That's so funny!! I love the video!! I wish we had been there with you!
OMG! That video just makes me smile, I just wish we could have been there too. Aaron and I watched the game at home and I was rocking Keenan towards the end of the game from nerves and to keep him asleep. Then when Chalmers made the 3 pointer I jumped up, and Aaron was like, "Don't drop the baby!"
Love today's blog and the video :-) It was great to see KU pull off last night's win, I'm so happy for you guys! Rock Chalk!
Post a Comment