We just returned from our mini-vacation to Savannah, Georgia., to visit Andy's sister, Jenny, and our nephew, Eli. It was so lovely down there. Andy and I want to vacation down there from now on, especially in the spring. The town is just gorgeous and full of great history. I love all the ghost stories and history in Savannah. So lush!The flights down to Savannah last Friday weren't so fun...long story short, our flight was super late getting in to Dallas/Fort Worth (thanks, American Airlines...you stink) so we missed our connecting flight to Savannah (even though we were told they were holding our flight for us). So we connected to Charleston instead and Jenny was kind enough to drive 2 hours down to Charleston to pick us up. We got in later than planned, but the rest of the trip was fine. And our flights back on Tuesday were smooth. Gus did so well on the flights. He had a brief meltdown on the flight home Tuesday from Dallas, but otherwise he was wonderful. We were so proud of him.
Our time with Jenny and Eli was so awesome. Gus and Eli had such a great time together. We were so sad to see them part, and I know Gus misses Eli. He's been looking around for him since we got home. Jenny was a fabulous hostess/tour guide/etc... and we really had so much fun just catching up and hanging out. She treated us so well! I also left with so many wonderful toddler food ideas and a great breakfast casserole and cake recipe--thanks, Jenny!

It's good to be home w/ the cats again, but we miss Savannah and Jenny and Eli like crazy. The trip was just too short! But it was a great trip and I'm glad we did it!

Oh, more photos from our trip at our flickr site. And check out this video of Gus and Eli playing on the bed. Insanity!
ROCK CHALK (that's never going to get old),
ek
2 comments:
I've never been to the South in beautiful spring weather. Your description of the lush spring sights and ghost stories sound great. Just like I'd imagine.
Alex and I were just cracking up at the video. That's so funny. I love when Gus is headbanging the bed!
Post a Comment