Friday, July 11, 2008

Preparing for baby

The babies are coming! My cousin Adam and his wife Meg had their third child this week. They knew they were having a boy, and his name is Hank Robert. He's so cute! I can't wait to meet him and I'm sure his big sister Carolyn and big brother Will are so excited about his arrival. Meg was due July 22 (my original due date!), so maybe I'll go early, too? ...

Speaking of possibly going early, I had a doctor's appointment Monday and I'm already dilated 1.5 centimeters. That, of course, could mean nothing at all, or it could mean something. I have felt the baby dropping, though. I have another appointment next Thursday with a sonogram, just to make sure the baby's weight is tracking normally. So far it's been tracking a bit smaller than average, so we'll see if it's gained a bunch of weight by next week. The doctors still think I'll have a baby around 6.5-7 lbs or so. And, they told me Gus would be around 7 or 7.5 lbs. and he was 8 lbs. 5 oz, so I don't know how accurate the sonograms are. This pregnancy has been all over the map, though. My original due date was July 22, then after a sono they moved it out to August 2. Throughout the pregnancy they've tracked this baby a bit after August 2 (more like August 11) based on its size. So my doctor was surprised I was already dilated so early...who knows what's going to happen! :)

We are going to continue work on the nursery this weekend. It's coming along. We bought a fun lamp that we're going to hang in the room. It's a green lantern that has a wicker cover, so it diffuses the light nicely. It's pretty funky, but we loved it. The whole room has no theme, per say. We're not theme folks. It's definitely a mish mash of stuff. But it's a cute, cozy room, and that's all the matters. I need to clean the breast pump off this weekend (fun!) and wash the Baby Papasan seat cover. Little things to prepare. I think Gus pretty much lived in the Baby Papasan vibrating chair, so we definitely need to get it ready. And the swing! I also need to buy a baby sling. I have a feeling I'll use it quite often since I'll have 2 kids.

Work is insane right now. I'm trying not to stress out, but I didn't realize how much I had to finish before handing it all off. I guess it'll all work out, even if I have the baby super early. My gut feeling is that I might have Fozzy in the next 2 weeks, but now I've jinxed myself, so I'll be two weeks late. I'm not going to lie...that would kinda suck! :)

We're also going to a wedding Saturday night. Our friends Brandon and Megan are getting hitched in Kansas City. Should be a really fun wedding. It's at 7:30, so Gus will stay with a babysitter and we'll make it a date night. I'm excited for the food, of course.

We're also prepping for Gus' birthday...I honestly cannot wrap my mind around the fact that he's going to be two. It's so bittersweet. He's growing up so fast. I want to make sure we can focus on his birthday even if the baby comes around the same day. It will be a crazy month!

ek

2 comments:

Cherie Che-Rai said...

Erin,

I can't believe Fozzy will be here so soon! I wish only the safest delivery for you and I hope he/she comes when you are ready, so 2 weeks? I can't believe it! Keep walking! I love the pics of Gus, the boots are hilarious!

-C

Kelly said...

I feel like Fozzy is coming soon girl. I can't wait to see him/her. I might be up there for work next Friday. Maybe I can stop by for a minute on my way back???