Monday, May 4, 2009

Picture Pages

My party animals.

Cousins hugging. So darn cute. Couldn't get enough.

Miss Sassy Pants models her new pj's

Handsome little guys, Elijah and August.

Eli and Gus...this was right before (or after?) they found a pile of earthworms. Fun!

Running and running and running...this is how they spent most of their time together!

Here are some recent photos, some from our trip to Iowa to visit Andy's family, and some from around the house. Gus and his cousin Eli had so much fun together. It was so amazing to watch them together. We were so bummed to break them up when we had to leave. Gus still asks where Eli is. I wish they lived closer, but thankfully we get to see Jenny and Eli this summer!

Gus speaks in full sentences now, which is fun. He told me to calm down the other day when I got upset at another driver while we were making our way home from the store. It was pretty hilarious. He's potty trained completely during the day, and at night he'll often wake up (before 10pm anyway) and ask to go to the potty. Hopefully by this summer he'll also be trained overnight. We've weaned him off getting a piece of candy every time he goes, so that's a relief, and he seems to really enjoy using the potty. Who knew? He's also testing us every day by ignoring most everything we say or ask for, and by laughing after doing something naughty. So...we're dealing with that. He has good and bad days. Some days he's a dream and listens to everything we say, but other days he just pushes us to the limit! Good thing he's cute. :)

Cleo is absolutely crawling all over the world now. She's on the mooooove! (reference to my "In the Moooooood!" night shirt..Kelly and Cherie will know...ha ha). Anyway, I forget how fast they are! She is also cutting her first tooth, so that's exciting. So far so good with that. She hasn't been too cranky or anything.

I've enjoyed watching Royals games with Andy after the kids go to bed. He loves the games and I like the games, but overall we just like hanging out watching baseball together. There's something so nice about chilling out with a Royals game on. It's a sign of summer. It's fun that the Royals are decent this year! Zack Greinke is such an amazing pitcher and so fun to watch, and I cannot get over the fact that one of the Royals players is named Coco Crisp. I giggle every time I hear his name. It's nice to see the stands packed during the games again. That hasn't happened for a long time. It takes me back to the days when the Royals were awesome.

Enough of that...gotta go to bed now. More later!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the argyle zip up hoodie. Too cute. Looks like it was a fun visit for the two boys.

Lindi Ben said...

Oooo, one kid out of diapers is so exciting, isn't it? How fun that he's talking in sentences too. Get used to him telling you to calm down. :) At least it's common in my world. haha

Lindi Ben said...

PS - Even with Cleo not looking at the camera, I love the pic of them 2 playing on the bed. I love when the younger sibling gets old enough to play w/ the older one!

Cherie Che-Rai said...

Totally remember that night shirt. LOL!(Did I annoy you with the LOL speak, or should I say type? So happy for your happy family!