Monday, February 4, 2008

Great weekend, busy week ahead

We had a very nice weekend.

The trip to the marble factory was amazing. It wasn't so much a "factory" as it was a run-down building in Bonner Springs that had every kind of marble and vintage toy you could think of. It was cool, but strange. I loved it. I think that place is like speed for kids. Gus was wigging out b/c there was so much to see. I was exhausted by the time we left. My dad bought us some shooter marbles and bought Gus a ball, too. Then we had lunch in downtown Bonner Springs. It was a nice day with dad/gpa. Friday night we just chilled out and finally caught The Soup, which I've missed the past few weeks. I really love that show. Saturday morning Gus and I went to breakfast with our Lawrence friends. The place we went to even has a play area for kids, but Gus just wanted to run all over the restaurant, so it was somewhat hectic. But it was nice to have coffee and breakfast w/ friends. At one point Gus took a plastic play fork and ran over to a complete stranger and stuck his fork into the stranger's breakfast before I could catch him. I was so mortified, but thankfully the dude was okay with it. Yeah...what can I say, Gus knows when he's hungry. Saturday night we went to Cherie and Aaron's and had a great time. They made us a killer dinner (with ice cream to boot!) and Eli and Gus had SO much fun together. Cherie and I were so delighted that they played together, not just alongside each other. They were having a ball. It was really a great time to catch up and introduce the boys to each other. I don't have photos but I know Cherie took some. Sunday we went to church and then I stayed after to attend the Annual Meeting b/c I'm the new clerk for the church Board. Ha! I get to take notes at all the monthly meetings, basically. It was one interesting meeting, too. I had heard that the Annual Meetings can get a little heated and it proved to be true. People were not shy about their opinions. I guess they are just passionate about the church. Many of the folks who were upset about one thing or another have been members of the church for over 30 years, so they feel they are very invested. I'm glad I'm just the clerk and not the moderator or pastor! :) I'm excited to meet new folks through church, though. Everyone I've met so far is just so nice and cool. Sunday night we went over to Josh and Heidi's for a Superbowl party. Gus had a blast with Ollie and Ash. It was so nice to pig out and just hang with friends. We left before the end of the game so Gus could get to bed, but I watched the exciting ending at home. So psyched that the Pats lost!

This week should be busy enough. Tonight we're watching the KU/Mizzou game. Tomorrow we both really want to go to the caucus but I think I'm going to stay home w/ Gus and Andy is going to caucus. I really think that Obama might have a chance in Kansas! He seems to be very popular here, but, it is Kansas, so we'll see. Wednesday night Andy has a business dinner, so Gus and I are on our own.

Work is pretty busy right now. Many deadlines that I'm trying to meet this week. It's supposed to be over 60 degrees today but then only 30 degrees tomorrow! I think I'll go home for lunch today and try to enjoy some of the nice, balmy weather.

ek

1 comment:

Lindi Ben said...

I told Cherie this same thing, but how FUN to see the boys play together. Although your word "delighted" made me chuckle because it sounded so proper. :)