Thursday, January 31, 2008

Yeah, that game just sucked

So we lost to K-State...in basketball. Oh, well. I was so upset last night but now I just figure it's one loss for us and it's good for the team (and fans) to have a reality check. I wish it hadn't been to K-State, but go figure. I think they (the Wildcats) did play really well, actually. They were better than I thought. But K-State acted like they had won the NCAA Tournament after winning. I mean, I understand it's exciting and all, but seriously, people, that's almost embarrassing. It's one game, it's not the tournament. So we will survive and, well, K-State will have this one moment in time to hang on to for the next twenty years. :)

So I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and all is well. Pretty uneventful, which is good. It took my doc a bit to find the heartbeat (again), but she said that's pretty normal when the babes are this tiny. But she found it and it was a strong 158. So, Fozzy seems to be doing pretty well, which is nice to hear. I'll never forget what my mom said to me when I was pregnant with Gus. She told me that the baby is never again going to be as safe as it is when it's in your womb, and that is such a wonderful, cozy feeling. It's just nice to enjoy the 9+ months of growing this little baby and keeping him/her as safe and warm as I can.

I'm so excited b/c I confirmed with our daycare provider that she will watch Gus and the new babe this year. When we hired Jen we decided to take it year by year. Gus is her only daycare kid (besides her own 2 kids), so she really just does it for fun and for a side income. But she and Gus have really bonded and he adores her kids (especially Elizabeth--they are only 6 months apart and Jen says they are stuck together all day long). Whenever I bring Gus over Elizabeth usually comes running into the room saying, "Gus! Gus!" It's awesome. Anyway, Jen said she felt she could handle all four kids just fine (Mason is 4 and in preschool and Elizabeth and Gus will be 2 when the baby arrives). I think Gus will stay at her house until he's 3 and then we hope to move him to Hilltop Daycare on KU's campus. It has a great reputation and I think by then he'll need a bigger more structured environment. But I hope Jen can continue to watch the baby for a bit. We just love her and her family.

So, other than that, just working and whatnot. We're supposed to have cake today at work for the January birthdays, so I'm psyched about that. Tonight Andy is going out with his friends for "guy's night." I can tell he's excited b/c he's mentioned it to me about fifty times now. Hee hee. Tomorrow my dad is coming up to take Gus and I to a marble factory in Bonner Springs. I think Gus will love seeing how marbles are made and he'll probably want to leave with some. As long as he doesn't try to eat them, I think it'll be a really awesome field trip. Plus, my dad really wants some company, and I miss him, too. It should be a hoooooooooot.

ek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I told you the epilogue to my famous wrestled-to-the ground-by-security-and-Willy-the-Wildcat story.

KSU won that football game (it was back when they were on fire). And afterward, the fans took to the field and tore down their own goalpost. Because... well, they were drunk.

I walked around with them, watching them and decided that since they were headed to Aggieville and I needed to walk home anyway, I'd follow them.

Halfway across campus, two of the idiots carrying it decided they were going to use it to take down a light pole on campus (again, destruction to K-State's property in the name of school spirit).

They got a good running start at it, but apparently the students were not physics major because despite the lightpole ringing like a bell, it did not fall. The two geniuses who ran the goalpost at the pole, however, did. And the goal post landed on top of them.

One of them had a broken arm (the crack could heard over the sound of the poles colliding) and the other was unconscious on the ground. And I decided to never be intimidated by people with degrees ever again.

I split.

Lindi Ben said...

So glad to hear things are going well with the pregnancy!