Monday, March 31, 2008

Final Four Bound!

Hellllzzzzz yeah! That game knocked my socks off but we pulled it off, so we're headed to San Antonio! I haven't been that anxious about a KU bb game since the tournament in 2003...holy cathedral, that was too hard to watch. I didn't even watch the last play. I had to sit in the laundry room with my eyes closed until it ended. I watched the replay a million times, though!

After the game ended we took Gus downtown on Mass Street to celebrate with everyone else in Lawrence. Oh my God, it was amazing down there! Just loads and loads of people celebrating, drinking on the streets, dancing, etc...They closed down Mass Street for awhile and people just honked and danced and ran around, and it was SO FUN! It was like Mardi Gras or something. People were hanging from windows in the buildings on Mass Street, and the cops were totally cool about it all. They let people do whatever as long as they weren't hurting anything or anyone. Gus was so overstimulated! It was worth it, though.

Now I have to gear myself up for Saturday's game. Against North Carolina. I've been waiting for this day and dreading this day, but I think we'll be fine!

GO KU!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

'Twas amazing! I get the chills thinking about it! I am so excited for Saturday!

Lindi Ben said...

I love it! I didn't know Mass Ave was like that afterwards and it's so great you took your prego self and the kid down there to celebrate! Oh man, that sounds like fun.