Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Almost turkey day!

Today has been nice so far. I worked all morning and then Gus and I went to KC to my nephew's Thanksgiving lunch at his elementary school. My sister and brother-in-law couldn't make it, so we went. It was really hilarious and fun. The kids helped make stew and corn bread desserts, and we ate lunch and looked at the different Power Point presentations the kids created. My nephew's presentation was about the weather. It was really good, in my opinion. He was so mad at himself for getting one word wrong in the presentation and he kept talking about it. I told him I think he deserved an A+, but it seriously was a really good presenation. His friend's presentation was also awesome (about water). Seriously, I didn't know half of this stuff when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade.

Earlier today I watched some old Electric Company clips on YouTube with Gus. My older sister and I LOVED that show...holy cow, I had forgotten how amazing it was. So 70's! And Morgan Freeman was so amazing in bellbottoms. But Gus loved it...maybe not quite as much as I did. Now I'm going to look to see if "Picture Pages" with Bill Cosby (from Captain Kangeroo) is on YouTube. I imagine it is!

Well, that's about it. Just gearing up for turkey day this week. We're going to my parents, so that'll be fun. I'm really looking forward to the turkey, mash p. and stuffing + gravy. That's all I need to be truly happy.

ek

No comments: