
I'm so excited for December 1, which is of course tomorrow. I really love December. Besides May, June and October, it's my fave month. It's just so cheesy and full of cheer that I look forward to it. Plus it sometimes snows in December, and I'm ready for the snow. Bring it on.
So this whole putting Gus to bed completely awake is working well. We started putting him down completely awake, after he has a sippy cup of milk and plays a bit. I'm even putting him down a bit earlier, around 7:30pm, and so far it's great. He does cry a bit when we first leave the room, but his crying spells are much shorter every night. I hate not rocking him, but it's for the best. Our babysitter, Annie, had no issues whatsoever with him on Wednesday when we went to the KU bb game. In fact, he went to bed for her with no issues, barely even crying. Annie is our lucky charm. She is such an awesome babysitter. She is so good with Gus and has such a calm but really fun nature. I found out she's going to be at KU for at least another year or two, so selfishly that makes me very happy.
My work email is acting weird this morning so I'm having a hard time remoting in. Annoying, but kinda nice, too. I have a real reason not to work. Gus looks hilarious today. He's wearing these great pants that Kelly and Alex got for him in Malaysia, but they just recently became way too short. So he's still wearing them right now b/c they are so cute, but they are total high-water pants now. And I even pulled them down below his pot belly, so they are definitely low rise pants. My kid is stylin'....helllzzzzz yeeaah. You don't really realize how much your kids grow until you put clothes on them and they are too short! He's totally grown a couple of inches since he last wore them, which was not that long ago...maybe a couple of weeks? Crazy. It's funny, though, b/c I was looking at him last night in his crib when he was sound asleep and I thought he looked much longer. He loves snuggling with his stuffed animals at night. We kept the crib free of stuff until he turned a year, but he now loves sleeping with a blanket and his stuffed frog (Fred the Frog), monkey (Marty McMonkey) and fox (Frannie the Fox, or Mr. Fox, depending on who you ask...me or Andy).
Well, I'm off. Have a great Friday and keep your fingers crossed that Oklahoma beats Mizzou tomorrow in the football game. Otherwise, we'll have to endure the fact that Mizzou will play in the National Championship game, which is about as humiliating and disgusting as North Carolina winning the NCAA championship when Roy decided to go back there. But I must admit, Mizzou winning the football championship wouldn't bite as hard as the North Carolina NCAA championship. That was a depressing year for me...seriously...not kidding at all. I hate to remember it. I hate North Carolina so much. Have I mentioned that? Not bitter at all. Whatevs.
So this whole putting Gus to bed completely awake is working well. We started putting him down completely awake, after he has a sippy cup of milk and plays a bit. I'm even putting him down a bit earlier, around 7:30pm, and so far it's great. He does cry a bit when we first leave the room, but his crying spells are much shorter every night. I hate not rocking him, but it's for the best. Our babysitter, Annie, had no issues whatsoever with him on Wednesday when we went to the KU bb game. In fact, he went to bed for her with no issues, barely even crying. Annie is our lucky charm. She is such an awesome babysitter. She is so good with Gus and has such a calm but really fun nature. I found out she's going to be at KU for at least another year or two, so selfishly that makes me very happy.
My work email is acting weird this morning so I'm having a hard time remoting in. Annoying, but kinda nice, too. I have a real reason not to work. Gus looks hilarious today. He's wearing these great pants that Kelly and Alex got for him in Malaysia, but they just recently became way too short. So he's still wearing them right now b/c they are so cute, but they are total high-water pants now. And I even pulled them down below his pot belly, so they are definitely low rise pants. My kid is stylin'....helllzzzzz yeeaah. You don't really realize how much your kids grow until you put clothes on them and they are too short! He's totally grown a couple of inches since he last wore them, which was not that long ago...maybe a couple of weeks? Crazy. It's funny, though, b/c I was looking at him last night in his crib when he was sound asleep and I thought he looked much longer. He loves snuggling with his stuffed animals at night. We kept the crib free of stuff until he turned a year, but he now loves sleeping with a blanket and his stuffed frog (Fred the Frog), monkey (Marty McMonkey) and fox (Frannie the Fox, or Mr. Fox, depending on who you ask...me or Andy).
Well, I'm off. Have a great Friday and keep your fingers crossed that Oklahoma beats Mizzou tomorrow in the football game. Otherwise, we'll have to endure the fact that Mizzou will play in the National Championship game, which is about as humiliating and disgusting as North Carolina winning the NCAA championship when Roy decided to go back there. But I must admit, Mizzou winning the football championship wouldn't bite as hard as the North Carolina NCAA championship. That was a depressing year for me...seriously...not kidding at all. I hate to remember it. I hate North Carolina so much. Have I mentioned that? Not bitter at all. Whatevs.
2 comments:
such a cutie picture of little Gussy. I agree that I like December. It's the only cold month I like.
You know your kid has grown a lot when you, who see him every day, still notices he looks long all of a sudden. And that's funny you mention the name of Frannie vs Mr. Fox. Carina has a giraffe I call Gyllenhall, but Ben refuses to call him that.
Post a Comment