Friday, November 16, 2007

Little Helper

Gus is on my lap as I type this. He's not typing for me yet, but I imagine he will be soon enough. He is really interested in what I do when I'm working from home. Until a few days ago he could've cared less. But lately he wants to sit on my lap and just watch me type or whatever. It is funny. Sometimes I give him a treat and we check out the Sesame Street website. Today we checked out the Wiggles website for the first time. He seemed to be somewhat interested, but the Wiggles are no Elmo at this point.

His napping schedule has been strange the past week for some reason. Yesterday at daycare he only took an hour nap, and that was after my daycare provider tried 3x to put him down. Today I had to rock him over and over to get him to chill out and nap, and he finally gave in and napped for 2 hours, so that is good. This strange behavior usually signals some annoying sickness (cold or flu) coming on, so hopefully it's just a cold. I can deal with that...he's basically had a cold in some way or another for about 2-3 weeks anyway. Fun times with babies!

Other than that, just took a big grocery trip today to our fave low prices grocery store (All the best stuff is cheaper at Checkers!) That is the jingle from their commercial. Anyway, we bought lots of food and since then we've been hanging out and napping. I made some muffins and I've already eaten 2 (oops) and they are darn good. Pretty exciting stuff.

I think I'm going to hit the gym tonight before we stay in and watch a Netflix movie. Tomorrow is the KU football game...go Jayhawks! I'm nervous, but I think we'll be ok.

ek

1 comment:

Lindi Ben said...

I smiled when you mentioned Checkers. You know how it is after living away from home and not being near the familiar stores; when you hear the names again it's like "oh yeah, I remember that place". As soon as I mentioned it Ben chimed-in with the jingle. I told him that's exactly what you blogged. Your afternoon of hanging out and making muffins sounds delightful.